Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 570 QE >

Bernina 570 QE

Bernina 570 QE

Old 05-09-2024, 06:57 AM

Default New to Bernina World

I've been quilting for a number of years now. I've had Pfaff machines in the past, which have always been dependable have met my needs - until recently. I have a Pfaff Performance 5 series which worked worked without many issues for over a decade. I noticed the stitches were no longer the caliber they once were, or at least from what I was remembering. I have recently been using my Singer featherweight due to the high stitch quality. Also, my threader on my Pfaff needed repair. The local Pfaff repair had a three month wait. Ridiculous. No other vendor here is Tucson would repair it. It was a simple issue that can be quickly fix - but I do not have the part nor the knowledge to repair it myself. I started looking for a new alternative machine which would have better support options here in Tucson. I went to check out our local Bernina shop.

To make a long story short, I am picking up my new Bernina B 570 today! The shop I purchased the machine from has been nothing but professional and polite. Being a male who sews and quilts, I have also not gotten any of the condescending attitude I've experienced several times at the other shop.

I've been watching YouTube videos and and I've downloaded and reviewed the manual in preparation for the arrival of my new machine - which will occur today. I will be a machine embroidery newbie.

Last edited by dudenaz; 05-09-2024 at 07:00 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 05-10-2024, 02:59 AM

Good luck with your new machine. I always say the best machine is the one you use !
Old 05-10-2024, 08:38 AM

Make sure you take any classes that are offered by your dealer and also check the Bernina website, they have quite a bit of support in videos and also in workbooks. Also, a lot of Bernina dealers have you tubes on a ton of subjects. I like Naperville near Chicago and Bernina Jeff but there are also more.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:55 AM

I've videos from both Naperville and Jeff, and both are excellent.