Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

don't argue with it to hard, they tend to win if we get into it with them!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
OK, so am I behind if my week one blocks aren't finished by tonight? lol... I am arguing repeatedly with one of them.. Hoping to finish tommorow as me and a girlfriend are having ourselves a "sew-in" :)
I don't think so, but best to check with Klue. I think as long as the six weeks worth of blocks are posted at the *end* of the six week period then you're still in the draw. :-)

And there's no punishment if you don't make a deadline, just a small penalty of a chocolate fish, payable to me. ;-)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by cjt_mama
OK, so am I behind if my week one blocks aren't finished by tonight? lol... I am arguing repeatedly with one of them.. Hoping to finish tommorow as me and a girlfriend are having ourselves a "sew-in" :)
I don't think so, but best to check with Klue. I think as long as the six weeks worth of blocks are posted at the *end* of the six week period then you're still in the draw. :-)

And there's no punishment if you don't make a deadline, just a small penalty of a chocolate fish, payable to me. ;-)
you are too funny blue
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 PM

What the??? Yeah, I will chime in and say it quite frequently LOL.

Breaking News...I am reporting the first case of Jane-related injuries. Yes, INJURIES.

I'm having one of those "off" days & didn't plan to quilt because we all know how that usually goes. I rushed through cooking dinner to make time to piece & burned the inside of my thumb. NO problem...cold water & I'm off to quilt... Picking up my tiny scissors to get some strings out of the way before pressing, I opened them, hit the burn & stabbed my first finger! They say Jane is blood, sweat, and tears. I'm marking blood off my to list, Jane. So far, I think I'm on the right track LOL.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
What the??? Yeah, I will chime in and say it quite frequently LOL.

Breaking News...I am reporting the first case of Jane-related injuries. Yes, INJURIES.

I'm having one of those "off" days & didn't plan to quilt because we all know how that usually goes. I rushed through cooking dinner to make time to piece & burned the inside of my thumb. NO problem...cold water & I'm off to quilt... Picking up my tiny scissors to get some strings out of the way before pressing, I opened them, hit the burn & stabbed my first finger! They say Jane is blood, sweat, and tears. I'm marking blood off my to list, Jane. So far, I think I'm on the right track LOL.
LOL Oh no!! I shouldn't laugh, I do sympathise, some days it's just not meant to happen.

I'm not a happy camper, have had guests all day, now they're staying for dinner, all I want to do is go and sew!!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:10 AM

Hey Klue.... got this off our news website, were you there? You can tell us the truth, are those yours with the love hearts?? ;-)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3220...o-pants-subway
Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

tiffany

LOL, i'm done some crazy mistakes myself when paper piecing and thats always been my cue to go to bed or do something else.

i think the triangle look better with the dark on the outside instead of the light.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MoodyKim
Ok I am not giving up but it looks like I will be behind. My computer didn't work well with the DJ software, it keeps crashing. The software doesn't like or won't run because of the sound card and the graphics. Not sure how long to get it fixed but DH is working on it. Have to borrow laptop to post right now. I am really behind on reading the post wow so many pages not sure I will ever get them all read. I do have a book on PP and working on learnimg that so when I can start on DJ maybe it won't take to long to catch up. Learning to PP from book is not so easy but I will get it. This is the best swap because it is only me and not someone else waiting on my blocks!
you aren't really far behind - we're just starting week 2.

i'm sure if you contact EQ they will help you with anything you need.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Count me in, I ordered the software last week from Joann's, so it should be here this week. I just ordered the rulers on eBay a few minutes ago. I don't have my DJ fabric yet, as I can't make up my mind...I have wanted to start a DJ for at least five years!
welcome to the group.

by far the hardest thing to decide is fabric.

i was very set on which fabrics i wanted to use but now seeing all the fabric choices everyone else has made - i have about 20 jane quilts i want to make.

the list just keeps getting longer and longer :oops:
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
my DH does not understand the concept of quilting a quilt. he thinks i should just sew around the edges of all the blocks and call it good :roll:
i hear you completey, my DH doesn't like quilting at all.

anything i make for him is strictly SITD and only the minimum amount required so the batting stays the way it should.

he also doesn't understand why i cut up beautiful fabric and then just sew it all back together.