Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Good one Luv! How is your DH today?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM

Blue, LS10 has two set in seams on the bottom. I sewed up to the middle a quarter of an inch away set my needle and sewed the rest of the way and then pressed it. Hope I explained this properly. I would also check out 'that quilt', she may tell you better directions. You could hand stitch it also.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Blue, LS10 has two set in seams on the bottom. I sewed up to the middle a quarter of an inch away set my needle and sewed the rest of the way and then pressed it. Hope I explained this properly. I would also check out 'that quilt', she may tell you better directions. You could hand stitch it also.
Yeah... that's the bit I'm thinking of. Maybe I should have a go by machine. Am I feeling brave today?!? LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well said Blue, I second that and you forgot me here in lonely old Spain. :?

Someone told me it took Jane Stickle 4 years to make her quilt I am sure it was Lesley (Lacelady) and taking into account she had to design all those adorable and sometimes insane blocks I think she did well.

Now lets do it, we can and quicker. There are loads of sites out there with help on how to do the blocks, so I am sure we can do this and without offending anyone.
DOH! Sorry! I knew there was a little island somewhere, I kept thinking of Guam and knew that wasn't it. It's early, and I haven't had enough coffee yet... that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;-)

While browsing sites and photos there was one where a woman had made the JS quilt in SEVENTY SIX DAYS! That's right... DAYS, not years! lol I can't remember which one it was, but her hubby was in hospital and she sewed while visiting him. How impressive is that.
You must post a link if you find it again!!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Is anyone in the group doing hand piecing? I've done hexagons before, and I'm thinking of tackling part of one of Week 4's triangles by hand.

Any tips for me?

I was going to try it it too I am not great at applique so we shall see.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
Is anyone in the group doing hand piecing? I've done hexagons before, and I'm thinking of tackling part of one of Week 4's triangles by hand.

Any tips for me?

I was going to try it it too I am not great at applique so we shall see.
I wasn't thinking of applique.... I meant the one where you baste the fabric round a paper template, then whipstitch the seam by hand, like hexagons are done.

I'm going to save the applique for the little diamonds and melons Jane was so fond of! LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Good one Luv! How is your DH today?
he is fine although a little nervous about all this. he is also keeping busy with his woodworking while it is warm enough to do so thank you for asking
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Well Ladies I hadn't seen this til now.

I have a free teaching site and had given some thought of putting my tutorials on there as well as here. If anyone would like I can put the tutorials on my site. I am still going to do my tutorials if anyone wants them. I don't have to put them on here.

so if this is something you would like to add to just let me know here or on my site. The link is in my signature. I will have to set up a catagory for them but that is no problem. Anyone who wants to add tutorials is more than welcome! We will be careful of the copyright issue but that shouldn't be too tough.
Rhonda, I speak for myself but I would love to see how you are doing your blocks! I have used your method and I am so completly satisfied with the blocks I have made. I just have to get the rest of the set of blocks (week two) finished so I can post them.
Phyllis
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Phyllis. It is nice to know if anyone is interested or I am just wasting my time. I am slow getting these done as I have other things getting in the way but I am working on them and will have all of them on eventually. I am putting them on my BitsnPiecesWorkshop site. I set up a page and am in the process of setting up the individual blocks. I'll let you know when there is something to see. I am sad that I can't put them on here anymore but oh well. That is why I set up my free site to share my methods so no problem!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM

Thanks Rhonda I will keep checking too
Cher