Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 617 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    Blue, your block is great! I hope that I can do half as well! I am getting so excited about starting my DJ. I have two blocks that I did several months ago, if i ever get my camera going (DH is threatening to buy a new one!) then I can post them. That is if I can figure out how to do that! LOL
    Phyllis in Mo

Banned
    blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?

Have to keep posting something to get updates!

Blue, the block is lovely.

Fab job by Blue!!!!!!!!!! Once again...please give us your tute on this one too!!

Klue - I don't think it's too early to ask Admin to set up the Cyber party section so you can start segregating out the various threads...

Great job Blue! You are as bad as me, I want to keep doing them. Each one is a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?
    I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    blue

the block looks awesome!

I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.
    ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.

You all are moving too fast for me. I think I better not look again until the party begins, that way I won't feel behind before I even get started. Keep up the good work, see you in January.

Quote Originally Posted by okie
    You all are moving too fast for me. I think I better not look again until the party begins, that way I won't feel behind before I even get started. Keep up the good work, see you in January.
    Please don't be scared off! :-)

I was feeling like an overachiever for a while... then I thought I'd better cross the blocks I've done off on the total list, to make sure I don't repeat them by mistake. And trust me, I have not even made a dent! LOL I still have more than 200 blocks to make!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    blue

the block looks awesome!

ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.
    I was thinking about one of the other ones I did, the one with the four leaf shapes running out to each corner of a plain background block. I appliqued it, because I haven't done curved seams before, but it's not quite straight so I'm thinking I might do another and do the old fashioned paper piecing, where you tack to the fabric then hand sew the seams. Like hexagons.

Page 51 of 617 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast