Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 617 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I love to PP so any that can be done this way will be for sure!!!Wish the triangles were so easy????

not only is it great for the kids but the grandparents as well.

Okay I'm back, this board is as addictive as the DJ itself. I'm afraid I'll miss something. Blue you're doing a fantastic job with the blocks and you've even discovered another talent, making tutorials :wink: I want to pp as much as I can but I know some of it can't. I haven't really looked at any of the blocks so each week will be an adventure and a surprise to me. I really appreciate those of you who are testing the water first so some of us can avoid the deep ends.

Hi, Am I too late to join in for this, i have been reading all about it, and have put DH onto finding me the software for Christmas!?

sarahelloyd I know you're not too late but may I ask about you avatar, that sure has caught my eye.

hi, it's part of an old block of the month called 'Atlantis' which I think is still available in U.S.A. where the work is folded and stitched to create a 3d look. One day I'll finish the whole quilt, although I have now only got the borders to do now. Thanks for your interest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?
    I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.
    ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.
    I was thinking about one of the other ones I did, the one with the four leaf shapes running out to each corner of a plain background block. I appliqued it, because I haven't done curved seams before, but it's not quite straight so I'm thinking I might do another and do the old fashioned paper piecing, where you tack to the fabric then hand sew the seams. Like hexagons.
    oh, thats a good idea!

Banned
    hi sara

you're not to late, people are welcome to join any time.

i do love the quilt in your avatar, i'm have to google the name. i've never heard of it before.

I already googled it. The first one was dated 2005 but I googled the artist and found one 2008. There are a total of 13 patterns/blocks. I can't go the cost at this time but of course I found something that I thought I couldn't live without, a table runner pattern.

Banned
    give me the link, please

Page 52 of 617 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast