Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 August 2011 House BOM directions.

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been listening to the chatter for a new block for August, so here it is!! :D The choice is: the Outhouse Pieced Block. I hope everyone is as excited to make this block, as I was. It went together really nice & was fun to make. This time I added some embellishments!! :D Enjoy & start your machines for another house block.
    :D :D :D :D

http://www.quiltpox.com/patterns/outhouse/

Thanks for the pattern site. I love your block.

Thank you...you did a good job on your "Outhouse" Block. Can't wait to see what ideas everyone comes up with.

Thanks!

Oh, I remember that house. Had one for years, down by the woods. Remember those long trips. Also, remember those cold winter days. We were "uptown", we had a two seater. I remember going there and using one seat and seeing a snake stick it's head up thru the other seat. Boyee!!! did I run before completing the task. LOL

Another time, I raced my little brother to see who could get there first. Never again, the latch had fallen off the door and the long rusty nail was sticking straight up and, of course, guess who stepped on it.....Me! I had to get a tetanus shot and it got infected and I was off my feet for a few weeks.

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for all of your kind words about my Outhouse block. It was so fun to make & much easier than I thought it would be. I can't wait to see all of the blocks that everyone will create.

Wonderful block but it scares me. I've never done a block using this method. Nothing to do but try I guess!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marymc
    Wonderful block but it scares me. I've never done a block using this method. Nothing to do but try I guess!
    Mary,
    I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. I had never done this before myself. So I just jumped in & cut out all of the pieces in the order given & before I knew it, the block was done. I wanted to make it first before I shared it with everyone. Do keep us posted on how yours turns out!! You are going to LOVE it!!

Thanks for posting. I agree a bit scary but I trust you so am going to give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbols
    Thanks for posting. I agree a bit scary but I trust you so am going to give it a try.
    I just know you can do it!! :thumbup: I think you will be surprised how quickly it will go together. GOOD LUCK!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast