Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 December 2012 BOM pattern & direction's.

Oh man, I do love this one! Will get busy!

Hugs,
    Cajun

I have never done paper piecing. Seems you have to use a lot of paper. Can I just cut up the diagram and add a quarter inch seam allowance to each piece and then sew them together?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernYankee View Post
    I have never done paper piecing. Seems you have to use a lot of paper. Can I just cut up the diagram and add a quarter inch seam allowance to each piece and then sew them together?
    Each quarter of this pattern should require only one sheet of paper. Each sheet of paper will have 3 sections - you can separate the sections and they already have the quarter inch seam allowance. If you have never done paper piecing, there are some good videos on youtube that you should watch first. Just search "paper piecing" on www.youtube.com
    and they will come up. Paper piecing is not hard, and once you get the "hang of it" you will love it! Good luck!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

SouthernYankee, I just sent you a PM
    Joyce T
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

3 out of 4 don

Well, I have 3 out of my 4 done. Didn't sew at all yesterday- had a nasty bug .
    But hopefully will finish that one today, in between doing Christmas sewing that has to get done.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Joyce T, RN retired

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Well, I have 3 out of my 4 done. Didn't sew at all yesterday- had a nasty bug .
    But hopefully will finish that one today, in between doing Christmas sewing that has to get done.
    Wow, all three of your December 2012 blocks are looking wonderful!! I can hardly wait to see your four quilts, when you get them put together. You really took on a job when you decided to make four of them. I applaud you for you dedication!! LUCKY grand daughter's. Thank you for sharing with all of us today.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    LovelyL & Mimiknoxtaylor,
    Thank You for answering SouthernYankee's question about the pattern. It is so nice when everyone is so willing to jump in & answer these question's!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Just realized that I put my pix on the wrong page . Guess I'd better repost them.
    Joyce T, RN retired

Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    SouthernYankee, I just sent you a PM
    Joyce T
    Thank you Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Each quarter of this pattern should require only one sheet of paper. Each sheet of paper will have 3 sections - you can separate the sections and they already have the quarter inch seam allowance. If you have never done paper piecing, there are some good videos on youtube that you should watch first. Just search "paper piecing" on www.youtube.com
    and they will come up. Paper piecing is not hard, and once you get the "hang of it" you will love it! Good luck!
    Thank you Linda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast