Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

Blog Entries

1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!

Blog Entries
    First glance says this might not work up to 6" (finished). Did you change % to print it?
    Kris

Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

I printed the pattern out and mine comes to 6" with no problems.

I just printed the pattern...thanks Ronda!
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    I'm so sorry you guys are having difficulty printing the pattern. I went in and printed my pattern again to measure it and see what's up and it prints perfectly to 6 inches (6 1/2 with seam allowances). But I have no scaling marked also on my print settings...have you looked at that perhaps? I hope that can help maybe?

Sometimes it depends on your browser...I used Firefox and it printed perfect.
    Lynn

I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.
    When Firefox doesn't work for me, I use Internet Explorer...
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!
    Very cute feb. block . thanks Mary
    Mary

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast