Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 January 2010 Block of the Month, for January!! >

1 January 2010 Block of the Month, for January!!

1 January 2010 Block of the Month, for January!!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM

thank you SulaBug for the warm welcome. I have printed out the dirctions and chose my fabric (from stash). I am thinking at this late (or early) date I may wait for the next block and do them together. I will post pictures when I have them.

Are you still looking for folks to choose a pattern for a month? If so let me know which months are open and I will choose a flower pattern.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 AM

OK It is now January 26th and I just found this sight. Sign my up! Since I have jury duty the rest of the week, I will have to make my first block in February. I'm thinking blues, whites, and a little green yellow, and pink. I'll have to check out my stash.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Welcome to the best quilting site on the web! You will find the most talented, creative, and fun loving bunch of quilters you have ever seen!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Hey Brushandthimble, February's block is up so you can get started whenever the mood strikes. Look in the BOM section for it.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM

Good to hear from you Miss Giggle Wings. After I loged off I went through my stash and picked out fabrics. I'll be gone the rest of the week and have company coming for the weekend. Have to move the holiday decorations from the guest room to the attic. I know I should have done it when I took them down, I love to procrastinate! Believe me - I want to quilt for the rest of the day! Happy stitches
Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM

Guess what! I just finished my January block! Good thing I didn't have jury duty today because I made so many mistakes on the block I would probably have made mistakes in the courtroom and convicted an innocent bystander. I'll send pictures when I figure out how. My daughter-in-law is stopping by this weekend to lend me a hand. I'm not computer illerate,but sometimes I'm clueless.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 AM

I've decided to take the plunge and give this a try. Not sure how well it'll turn out, being my first 'real' block (Have put together some 5" squares and made a couple of practice HSTs before), but I figure there's no harm in giving it a go! Hopefully I'll learn lots by following along with this BOM too. :)

I started to put some pieces together last night and I think it's going ok so far. Don't have a rotary cutter yet, so I'm having to use templates to cut which is making it quite slow, but I'll hopefully be finished in the next day or two!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:22 AM

i like the block of the month, i was able to open and print, thanks for sharing, will you be posting every month, i like doing those block of the month :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 AM

February is a lovely paper pieced block, but I have never paper pieced except at a hands on workshop with my guild members. when I tried it at home things didn't turn out so well. Where can I find understandable directions? The flip to trim thing is where I goof up.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Hey, Teacher. If you follow the cutting instructions on the Feb. block, there is very little trimming. Also, check out the tutorial section of the board. There is a nice PP tutorial on there.