Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1-MARCH 2014 Project of the Month

Blog Entries

1-MARCH 2014 Project of the Month

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I'll give it a try. I am posting this a day early because we have out of town company coming tomorrow. I have been quite stressed as I've never done anything like this before and I'm a relatively new quilter. But when I make a commitment I don't cop out so I'll do my best.

i found this pattern for a Quilted Wine Tote - tried it and loved it. Wine these days is a very popular choice of drinks. This tote serves well when you go to a BYOB (bring your own bottle) affair or as a great hostess gift when visiting friends and/or family. They'll go crazy when you tell them the Tote is theirs to keep.

i found the pattern at this web site (THANKS to the creator.):

http://www.needleandspatula.com/2011...-tutorial.html

i will post my pictures on the "1-MARCH 2014 Project of the Month PHOTO" hopefully... LOL!

I hope you enjoy this project and get a few Christmas gifts made as a result.

Pat
    Last edited by PghPat; 02-28-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Delete thumb at beginning

A Wine Tote? Wow, this is right up my alley. I just hope mine turns out like this! A great project, will be excited to see everyone's finished totes. I would love to have some of these made for Christmas gifts.

Neat project! Question... when you print out the pattern and instructions from the blog, is there an easy way, or do you print out all the pictures etc. not knowing where the page breaks will be? Thanks!

Looks like another fun project. Thanks
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Neat project! Question... when you print out the pattern and instructions from the blog, is there an easy way, or do you print out all the pictures etc. not knowing where the page breaks will be? Thanks!
    okay I managed to copy & paste it into a word doc & shrink the picture sizes, thanks.

This looks doable to my limited experience skill set. Not sure if I will actually get it done this month though. I am going to try though cause it would be awesome to have on hand as a host/ess gift ready to go when needed. Thanks or finding it and posting.

Love this project. Can't wait to get some made. Great to have on hand for gifts!

Blog Entries
    I love this pattern & think I will make one for my DDIL's birthday in April. She does love her Chardonay!! Thank you picking this great pattern.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    okay I managed to copy & paste it into a word doc & shrink the picture sizes, thanks.
    Good for you Thimblebug.....I actually tried to do that but gave up.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Pat for the project. We don't actually drink or give wine but I think I will try to adapt this pattern to fit our tall Stanley thermoses. Hoping mine will turn out as nicely as this young lady's did.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast