Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 May 2012 BOM Pictures

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
    A very nice variety of blocks and all beautiful! Sticking with batiks here is mine. I plan on doing something with the center, perhaps embroidery or seed beads.
    Tweety..........your choice of batik fabric's really makes your "Oh Suzanna" block for the month of May, stand out beautifully!! I just love your color's & will also be excited to see what you might do with your center. Seed beads &/or embroidery work sounds wonderful, I love to work with them myself. Thank you for sharing.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    I like the idea of the seed beads... I love the dragonfly print.. definitely like the idea of the seed beads.. please show us again after you decide which you are going to do.. I would love to see this block when its finished.
    Jenniky..................don't you think the pink & purple batik fabric's together, in Tweety's block, just "POPS"? LOL I just had to ask you that, as I have been looking for a block that I think just POPS!! One of my favorite expression's, so to speak.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Jenniky..................don't you think the pink & purple batik fabric's together, in Tweety's block, just "POPS"? LOL I just had to ask you that, as I have been looking for a block that I think just POPS!! One of my favorite expression's, so to speak.
    Hmmmm now you know I have been trying to define what makes something POP ... lol I think the fabrics blend very well together..very pleasing to the eye. On Tweety's particular block what would make it come all together for me I think is the seed bead design in the center. Now I have to be honest batiks are not my favorite.. there are many I love the look of and would make them for others. So prospectively I have to step outside of my personal preferences when it comes to batiks. I believe though they will grow on me as I move further along in my quilting as I often get drawn in by them with certain patterns and batik fabrics like Tweety has chosen ..LOL wow I just totally contradicted myself.. I love it when the batiks have a subtle print in the background like the dragonfly and the purples make me feel the depth of the flower image. Hmmmm ... So when something Pops for you Sula...is it that the fabrics blend themselves complete the block pattern or entire quilt as in a certain sashing fabric to pull all the blocks together???? So is the POP that which completes each pattern from the individual viewers perspective???? or as I usually say ..the fabrics speak to me or don't speak to me..LOL oh my ... Sula you might never ask me a question again...Hahahah Im still sitting on the fence with trying to figure out what makes it go Pop... but I do love Tweetys' block..and Tweety I hope you dont mind my analysis of your beautiful batik block.
    Last edited by Jenniky; 05-22-2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Have an awesome day!

"happy birthday to our hostess sulabug" !!!!!!!!
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    "happy birthday to our hostess sulabug" !!!!!!!!
    Thank You Mary for remembering that today is my Birthday!! I am looking forward to some chocolate cake later in the day. Wish you were all here & could join me!!

Happy Birthday Sulabug. Enjoy your special day......and your chocolate cake.

Happy happy birthday to you. Sulabug.
    Enjoy

Happy Birthday SulaBug........wish you could share your chocolate cake!

Blog Entries
    Have a fabulous birthday today SulaBug! Singing to you from eastern Washington...can you hear me?????????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Here is my May BOM block....I reduced the measurements of the pattern to make it 8 X 8 then using postage stamp squares I tipped the corners of the petals and then set the 8" square on point.
    Really clever idea... Love your block and the colors..
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast