Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 November 2012 BOM block picture's.

Blog Entries

Turkey Block

Here is my Nov. block! I managed to get it done in spite of my machine making some very unusual sounds at the end.... time for a visit to the machine doc, I'm afraid. And, of course, I have an all day quilt class tomorrow...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Ok,turkey for Nov that fits perfectly. Having not made an Oct block yet this will get me in the mood! Lol Might just make that Jacl-o-lantern for Oct. will get busy.

Hugs,
    Betty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Here is my Nov. block! I managed to get it done in spite of my machine making some very unusual sounds at the end.... time for a visit to the machine doc, I'm afraid. And, of course, I have an all day quilt class tomorrow...
    lovelyl..........what a great Turkey block for our November 2012 Calendar theme!! Your back ground fabric is so cute, I love it. Your turkey looks to be very proud of himself too!! Thank you for sharing today & Good Luck with your machine at sewing class tomorrow!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Lovelyl I agree with Sula your background fabric is awesome. Fantastic job on the turkey I eyeballed the pattern and drew it bigger and then found it was easier to make individual feathers. I think his eyes turned out to look more owlish then I intended. LOL. But he is finished and ready to be quilted so I'm ready to attach all the squares once I get Decembers block done.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  1.31 MB
    Have an awesome day!

Oh, he is really cute Jenniky! I have not done mine yet!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Lovelyl I agree with Sula your background fabric is awesome. Fantastic job on the turkey I eyeballed the pattern and drew it bigger and then found it was easier to make individual feathers. I think his eyes turned out to look more owlish then I intended. LOL. But he is finished and ready to be quilted so I'm ready to attach all the squares once I get Decembers block done.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  1.31 MB
    Jenniky.........Your Turkey block is just darling too!! I really like your idea about the individual feathers for his tail. You really had your thinking cap on for that great idea. I think his eyes look a little nervous, wondering if he will make it through turkey dinner day still alive!! Maybe he will get a Pardon from the President!! Thank you for sharing with all of us today.

2 done

Here are 2 (still have 2 to go) I still need to stitch around them but would like opinions as to what color thread to use. My 1st thought is always black to give it pop. Definitely don't want to use matching.
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mimiknoxtaylor; 11-10-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: photo too small
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Here are 2 (still have 2 to go) I still need to stitch around them but would like opinions as to what color thread to use. My 1st thought is always black to give it pop. Definitely don't want to use matching.
    What do you think?
    Joyce..........your two blocks so far are Beautiful!! Your fabrics are so pretty & really make those turkey's POP!! I think I would use green & blue thread on the turkey to the left then two shades of blue on the turkey on the right. Like light blue around the dark blue fabric & dark blue around the light blue fabric. What ever you choose I know that it will turn out spectacular!! Thank you for sharing & we will be anxious to see the next two blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Joyce..........your two blocks so far are Beautiful!! Your fabrics are so pretty & make those turkey's POP!! I think I would use green & blue thread on the turkey to the left then two shades of blue on the turkey on the right. Like light blue around the dark blue fabric & dark blue around the light blue fabric. What ever you choose I know that it will turn out spectacular!! Thank you for sharing & we will be anxious to see the next two blocks.

I agree with Sula Bug really like yur fabrics.. very nice job

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    What do you think?
    I really like the front on view of your turkey on the left, could you please tell me where you found the pattern? I agree with the others about thread choice but I am also a fan of black.
    Diana

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast