Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 November 2012 BOM block picture's.

Quote Originally Posted by walk-n-roll View Post
    I really like the front on view of your turkey on the left, could you please tell me where you found the pattern? I agree with the others about thread choice but I am also a fan of black.
    The pattern is by Sindy Rodenmayer at
    www.fatcatpatterns.com
    I love her patterns & if you go to the home page at fatcatpatterns the turkey pattern is free this month. But I changed it to suit my needs. Her blocks work up at 16 1/2" so I had to reduce it to 70%. Then I didn't want to do each of the tail feathers individually so I redrew the tail as just 3 whole pieces. I think that's the only changes I made.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    www.fatcatpatterns.com
    I love her patterns & if you go to the home page at fatcatpatterns the turkey pattern is free this month. But I changed it to suit my needs. Her blocks work up at 16 1/2" so I had to reduce it to 70%. Then I didn't want to do each of the tail feathers individually so I redrew the tail as just 3 whole pieces. I think that's the only changes I made.
    Mimi..............thank you for sharing the free pattern that you used, with all of us. It is a great one!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Mimiknoxtaylor - I love your turkeys beautiful fabrics. I agree with what Sula suggested for the threads and thank you for the link for the free turkey pattern. I've printed it out to try later. Im very intrigued by the way the feathers are done.
    Have an awesome day!

I got mine done. It was interesting to do. The background is really a bright white. not sure what happened. Yes, the turkey ended up being a little tilted. Didn't want to tear out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    I got mine done. It was interesting to do. The background is really a bright white. not sure what happened. Yes, the turkey ended up being a little tilted. Didn't want to tear out.
    Have ya ever watched a turkey walk? They waddle so he's going to be tilted to one side or the other. He's the cutest one I've seen yet. Love the turkey tracks.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Everyone's turkeys are looking great. I'm glad you are enjoying making it.

Wow everyone's blocks look so fantastic. Thanks for the pattern I've never done an applique but I wish to try it. I guess I'll have to do a search for some advice unless someone knows a good tutorial.

Jeanine, what a cute turkey! I love his multiple color feathers. Great appliqué too
    Joyce T, RN retired

Quote Originally Posted by josykatz View Post
    Wow everyone's blocks look so fantastic. Thanks for the pattern I've never done an applique but I wish to try it. I guess I'll have to do a search for some advice unless someone knows a good tutorial.
    The quickest way is to use fusible ( make use to use the light that can be sewn through) then stitch around either with a blanket stitch or even straight stitch.
    Hand appliqué takes longer but you get the raw edge hidden. There are some great tutorials here & you'll have to find which method you prefer.
    Remember have fun & don't stress over it.
    good luck
    Joyce T, RN retired

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    www.fatcatpatterns.com

Thank you so much for your chubby turkey pattern. It also introduced me to a new site. Appreciate your willingness to share
    Diana

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast