Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 November 2012 BOM Direction's & Pattern.

Blog Entries

1 November 2012 BOM Direction's & Pattern.

Welcome November Quilter's,

It is that time again to post the new BOM directions for the month of November 2012!! This month TOMANYUFO'S has chosen the pattern of her choice, so here it is!!

My block for Nov is the turkey. You can find it onwww.weefolkart.com. Go to freebies, click on applique, then scroll down to find turkey. Click on turkey. The pattern is only 6X6 and will have to be enlarged. It can be enlarged a little then add a border or just enlarge it to fit the 12" block. I will try to make one as well before Nov 1st.

Dwina~Toomanyufos

Thank you Dwina!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Thank you Dwina for this months pattern!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    The pattern calls for felt, but do we have to use felt? I have some fabric that would be perfect for the feathers!
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Sulabug, That's really cute. Love her site too! I love to applique but it does take time. I may do one in needle turn & the others with fusible.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Thank you Dwina for the November block pattern.

I did not get mine completed because my daughter had surgery and will need another surgery. It has been a difficult time during the past 2 wks. I am not going to make mine out of felt. I will use cotton and fuse it down and then blanket/zigzag around. Thank you Sulabug for posting everything for me.

Blog Entries
    Hi Again,

I should have mentioned that the pattern called for felt, but I used 100% cotton & fused it together. I still need to machine blanket stitch around my two little turkey's. I think this pattern is a really cute one. Have fun everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    I did not get mine completed because my daughter had surgery and will need another surgery. It has been a difficult time during the past 2 wks. I am not going to make mine out of felt. I will use cotton and fuse it down and then blanket/zigzag around. Thank you Sulabug for posting everything for me.
    Dwina..........don't worry one bit about not getting your block done yet. You just concentrate on your daughter & taking good care of her. I hope all goes well with her next surgery. Prayers are coming her way.

Blog Entries
    This looks like a fun block, thanks Dwina! And thanks, Sulabug for posting it!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    This looks like a fun block, thanks Dwina! And thanks, Sulabug for posting it!
    lovelyl...........you are most welcome & we will be looking forward to seeing your block when it is all done. I hope that everyone is enjoying this month's block pattern. I realize that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, but am also excited to see what pattern's you come up with. Just enjoy making your blocks & sharing with all of us here on the Quilting Board. Sew Happy!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast