Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1 OCTOBER 2013 Quilt-Block-of-The Month pattern & directions.

DJ, that is NOT ugly...lovely colors..Of course I guess if yellow & black is not your liking, then I understand...But it's very pretty.

Thanks Betty, why didn't you tell me that before...WAAAHAAHAAHAA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    I'm a terrible paperpiecer so I just follow the lines & make adjustments if needed. I always check my piece before I sew though. The blocks that have more than 50 pieces I break out the paper! Math teacher & linear person here, applique and circular pieces are my downfall but I am trying to learn those.
    Here's an addition to DDs ugly quilt:
    Attachment 439676
    only 14 blocks to go!
    WOW............what a beautiful block for your daughter's quilt!! You are a great paper piece-er & do such nice work. We will all be anxious to see how this month's block turns out. Good Luck!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

HEY, going into Internet Explorer worked perfectly - my templates printed exactly what they shd be... Great to remember when printing next templates.. Thanks Cajun...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    I have discovered a little secret to Quilter's Cache Paper-Piecing patterns...I can't print them correctly from Chrome! lol Just thought this morning this is ridiculous, I have used her patterns for years and never had a problem...then it dawned on me...duh...you are no longer using Explorer for your browser maybe that's the problem and it WAS! lol

Thanks, CajunBear. I too was having the same problem. Did as you suggested & went through IE. Worked perfectly.

My templates for this month printed out just fine from Explorer! When I think about the last time I almost went nuts trying to get to the right scale! lol Just thought I'd share!

Hugs,
    Betty
    Thanks, Cajun. I was having the same problem and this time too. Went around it by saving it on Adobe Reader 1st. Because I had forgotten & already printed 1 set.
    After your posted suggestion I went to Quilter's Cache through IE & sure enough, it worked perfectly.
    Now if only I can remember next month!
    Thanks.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

I think I would rather paper piece than anything else!! My first block of the month was a church with an African theme. Loved it and it was PP.
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K View Post
    I think I would rather paper piece than anything else!! My first block of the month was a church with an African theme. Loved it and it was PP.
    I remember your first paper pieced block of the Church with your African theme & I loved it too. Boy, I am with you on the paper piecing, it is my favorite way to make blocks. So glad you are sharing with us again.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    It's finally sewn. Need to "tweak" a couple of those seams but pretty much done. I like the blockName:  DSCF1664.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  1.25 MB

Jaba, that's a beautiful block!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    I can't get it to print the right size either. I don't understand why sometimes "print actual size" is in my printer options, and sometimes it is not. Sometimes they just print right without checking that box, or "no scaling" or changing anything.

Once, when I had difficulty, someone sent me the right size templates. Another time my husband was able to print them at work, because he had the option to print actual size. He's going to try that again today.

So, I've had this issue 3 of the 8 months. Could it be the way/size/options when the designer uploads them to Quilter's Cache?

Betty, I just read your post, I'll try printing from Explorer.
    i think I was the one that mailed you the templates. That was the month I was going nuts trying to get the right size to print!

Hugs,
    betty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Jaba, that's a beautiful block!
    Thank you, I like the way it turned out too. When I go to print out mine I have to hit print preview first, then make sure it says 100% or it always prints to small. And I'm not a paper piecer, just always do it backwards or the fabric is too small when I flip it over. I printed this pattern and cut it all apart, then added 1/4" seam when I laid the paper pieces on the fabric. Lots of cutting and figuring but worth it. Now you know what my paper piecing is

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast