Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 September 2012 Calendar BOM picture's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Oh Wow great blocks and quilt sharing everybody.. I love them all. Here is my Sept Maple Leaf block I also used the pattern for 12" from Quilters Cache.

Attachment 362501
    Jenniky..............Your September Maple Leaf block turned out gorgeous too!! I also like the twelve inch Q.C. block pattern. I have noticed that you aren't posting on this thread as much. Where have you been? I happen to know that you are involved with several other projects, as well. We have missed your bright & shining little face. Hope you are keeping up with all of your projects!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Sulabug, All of my projects plus regular life events have kept me extremely busy and I have had less computer time as a result, I have been reading but not replying much. The up side is I have learned so much about quilting, the down side obviously I have not had as much time to interact with all my friends on the Quilting Board. Hopefully the end of October most of my current projects will be complete and as I am not planning on taking on any new projects until next year I will have more time in the following months. It's nice to know Im missed. Warm Hugs Everyone
    Have an awesome day!

Kensington, Where did you get the patterns for Oct., Nov, & Dec? I love them & wouldn't mind adding them to at least 1 of the 4 I'm doing.
    Joyce T
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Kensington - I Love your quilt. Those last 3 blocks are amazing! Can't wait to see the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    Kensington, Where did you get the patterns for Oct., Nov, & Dec? I love them & wouldn't mind adding them to at least 1 of the 4 I'm doing.
    Joyce T
    Well, I did not use a pattern for Oct. I had seen several versions of the Witchy Sue and thought it was cute. And someone had mentioned there being a pumkin block for Oct.. and my mind got going and I drew that up myself and made my own pattern with velum. I enlarged it. I appliqued that one on. The November block is called "Autumn Leaves" and I found it a couple of places on line. "Quilt in a day" has it and in video talks about adding the turkey to it as you go. But, it's a leaf block. It comes out set on the point after piecing, but I wanted mine square for this, I got out my wonder cut ruler and added triangles to give me a square. Also, Quilt in a day, gives PDF pattern you can copy, but I enlarged mine by 1/2 inch. So my turkey went from top to bottom. I found the Santa Face on Quilters Cache, it's a 12 inch.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Any ideas on sashing? Can't decide, do I want black, a dark or light solid, a check, or print... probably not flowers. But, what? Something light and bright or more subdued?

I think dark so you blocks will pop. Or maybe you want to do an attics windows. I did my DGS Lego quilt and it really gives depth.

Attics window is an idea. I'll have to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    Well, I did not use a pattern for Oct. I had seen several versions of the Witchy Sue and thought it was cute. And someone had mentioned there being a pumkin block for Oct.. and my mind got going and I drew that up myself and made my own pattern with velum. I enlarged it. I appliqued that one on. The November block is called "Autumn Leaves" and I found it a couple of places on line. "Quilt in a day" has it and in video talks about adding the turkey to it as you go. But, it's a leaf block. It comes out set on the point after piecing, but I wanted mine square for this, I got out my wonder cut ruler and added triangles to give me a square. Also, Quilt in a day, gives PDF pattern you can copy, but I enlarged mine by 1/2 inch. So my turkey went from top to bottom. I found the Santa Face on Quilters Cache, it's a 12 inch.
    thanks, Kensington. found the turkey @ www.quiltinaday.com and the santa @ quilters cache.
    Still haven't come across the pumpkin but probably can come up with one
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Here is my September Maple Leaf Block.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast