Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 15 JULY 2011 Star BOM directions.

Thanks Sula Bug, this looks beautiful.

watch your center angle peices as you can see I flipped one set and did not see it until the pic was taken and was not ripping the whole thing apart. Look at the gold fabric you will see my uniqueness shine though. No maybe just a screw up! ha ha

july block
    Name:  Attachment-228300.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  50.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mstandridge
    watch your center angle peices as you can see I flipped one set and did not see it until the pic was taken and was not ripping the whole thing apart. Look at the gold fabric you will see my uniqueness shine though. No maybe just a screw up! ha ha
    I am glad to know that I am not the only one to do the same thing!! :thumbup: I did take mine apart & fixed it. It wasn't actually to hard to do, so I suffered & did it!! I like your block a lot.
    :D :D :D :D

Could some one tell me the best order to sew together the 3 pieces in the corner blocks? I understand I need to stop 1/4 inch from the end but do I add both sides to the small square and then join the corners? Everyway I have tried feels so difficult. Thnaks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by marymc
    Could some one tell me the best order to sew together the 3 pieces in the corner blocks? I understand I need to stop 1/4 inch from the end but do I add both sides to the small square and then join the corners? Everyway I have tried feels so difficult. Thnaks in advance!
    I sewed the square on last after the other pieces were put together. Seemed to work out OK for me. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    In step #2 -- how do you do the corner?

A straight across would have been soooo much easier :)
    Yeh...that one's going to kill me too.

Here is my July 15th BOM Star Ooops wrong area! Will repost
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Plumtree
    I love, love, love Jinny Beyer but her stuff is so changellenging. Nice choice for this month. I am suffering slowly and painfully with Moonglow but it will be so beautiful.

This will be my first time using templates are there pointers or tips ya'll would like to share. I am going to go do a search to see what I can come up with.

Thanks for a great star Sula
    I did "MoonGlow". It is my favorite of all the quilts I have made. I am almost tempted to make another................

community benefactor francesrose's Avatar
    This looks most interesting. Just printed the block. I cannot start just yet but will be thinking about it all week. have a quilt to finish for my great grand-daughter who is having a baby the end of Aughst or thereabouts. Thanks again Sula for a great star.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterbabe
    I'm new to this board and noticed this was JULY 2011 BOM. Where can I get the other blocks for the year?
    Hello there & Welcome to the quilting board. I have enclosed the link for you to find all of the pattern's for the 15th of the month Star blocks. We are so glad to have you join us & will be looking forward to seeing your blocks when you get them posted.
    Sew Happy,
    Cheryl
    Sulabug

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=2000
    Cheryl, I'm sorry but I cannot find any directions to make this Block. I keep searching July 15 2011 Directions and discussion but have not found any directions as to how to sew up this block......feeling Dorky here :oops: :oops: Is this Block paper peiced?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast