Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 120 of 278 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 119 120 121 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Oh, Losie... HE doesn't listen to me - do me a huge favor - forget the prayers for my knee and double them for my daughter's recovery from her behcet's disease!! she's been in nonstop pain for over 6years straight now - category 10+ !! thanks
    Monica/Gus

Blog Entries
    Well after 6 months of lurking here I have finally cut out my first block. I had intended to start with you guys but you know how that goes.My jaw just drops every time I come to this site at all of the beautiful work here. I am just amazed. I am starting with a group at my LQS. They are planning on doing 2 blocks a month. At that pace I think it is a 10 year project. I am hoping to work with them for a while and also try to start where you guys are and keep up. I will post when I get one block done. Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Yay meanmom! Welcome to our world.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Way to go mean mom, look forward to seeing your blocks. Have fun with your group. And, remember to have fun and don't be too hard on yourself.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Blog Entries
    Hi meanmom, that was my moniker for years when I had 3 girls in their teens. "You're so mean, you won't let us do anything." Was repeated so often. Thirty years later I have 3 very sweet and wonderful daughters who have blessed me with 7 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. It pays off in the long run. Welcome to our group and I know you will enjoy this quilt and this group.
    LOSIE
    Sebring, FL
    Bless the Lord

Have two daughters (adults) and both had recent knee surgery...both had some cartilege(sp) removed...apparently it was torn and was sort of flapping around and when it hit a spot it wasn't supposed to be in....extreme pain....now both are fine...no pain. Surgery was done at one of those in/out Surgery Centers.........Good Luck......

Have taken a long break from Jane but am back in business and using everyone's pictures for inspiration. Great job everybody!! It's so fun to see all the color palettes that you are using.

Blog Entries
    welcome back, Chay. am looking forward to seeing more of your blocks. i am moved, but probably won't get back to DJ blocks until August as i have to sew vacation clothes and my new quilt studio needs organizing. i feel lost in not participating, but love seeing all the blocks
    Nancy in western NY

Awesome blocks!! Well, Spartan - I should've used your method of doing C7 - that is, I think you did it the way I was planning to... did you applique the 8 diamonds that go around the border?? I am in the process of "setting them in" [piecing] OMG a pain.... and I already have enough in the knee!! Oh ladies, I just noticed how far behind I actually am boy am I glad next week is catch-up! [although I dont know exactly how much I can accomplish...] I am more comfortable doing handwork at the moment & finished D4 and now trying to finish C7. [then I should get to ahem.... RS1, C10 &13, and D1,2,5 and 13] only 7 blocks to catch up - your leader is definitely not 'fearless.'

have a great 'sewing' or fun day!
    Gus

Gus--yes, I did those diamonds by applique. I looked at all the clues about setting them in, and just did not want to go there. That was the block that really put me behind, and other projects, of course. But I will catch up again, SOME DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
    Awesome blocks!! Well, Spartan - I should've used your method of doing C7 - that is, I think you did it the way I was planning to... did you applique the 8 diamonds that go around the border?? I am in the process of "setting them in" [piecing] OMG a pain.... and I already have enough in the knee!! Oh ladies, I just noticed how far behind I actually am boy am I glad next week is catch-up! [although I dont know exactly how much I can accomplish...] I am more comfortable doing handwork at the moment & finished D4 and now trying to finish C7. [then I should get to ahem.... RS1, C10 &13, and D1,2,5 and 13] only 7 blocks to catch up - your leader is definitely not 'fearless.'

have a great 'sewing' or fun day!
    Gus
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Page 120 of 278 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 119 120 121 130 170 220 ... LastLast