Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion >

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Chay!!! Wonderful blocks! Thank you for sharing the picture with us...gives us more inspiration to hang in there.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM

Gladys,
Great blocks! I hope your internet and translater get back up to full time.
Cindy A and Kaybob .... thanks for the great idea of keeping track of what fabric was used where. The pictures really tell the story well!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM

Gus, so glad to hear your surgery really helped you out with your knee. Thank you for all the tutes and pics you have posted. I am so far behind I will definately get use out of them once I catch up !

Here are my blocks for the week of May 20 (Linda whispers very quietly hoping no one will notice just how far behind she is)

C-11 was done EPP and the other two with regular paperpiecing.
Attached Thumbnails c11.jpg   c13.jpg   d1.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chay View Post
Here is a picture of my blocks. Now that I see it all together I have decided to re-do about 8 of them because I don't like the color of the fabric. I figured this would happen. I'm just happy to see it all in one place. Still thinking about QAYG ....
Congraulations! Your blocks are beautiful and you have really worked hard. I saw a demonstration of QAYG where you cut your backing fabric in 1 piece. Piece your blocks in sections vertically, left, center, right. Put the batting under the center section on top of your backing and machine quilt. Then you insert batting for each side and hand baste the batting together. Sew on the side sections 1 at a time and machine quilt them. That way you aren't trying to shove the whole quilt under the machine at one time to quilt it but you don't have as many individual pieces to quilt. It looked like a great idea and I am going to try it on my DJ.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 AM

chay: wonderful to post your quilt....gorgeous....great inspiration!
Linda: your blocks are fabulous! I'm quite far behind myself, but I'm not worried, eventually I'll catch up!
Maureen
Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM

Chay - absolutely amazingly spectacular!!!!!
I went to the Long Beach Quilt Festival yesterday where there was a DJ on display - looked very similar to yours [which means... yes you can enter it when you've quilted it as well! It and your pictures makes me want to start a new one on a consistent background. It sure makes the colorful fabrics pop more. my friends said that would make me 'clearly insane' ....reminding me of another quilt on my bucket list

I am so far behind - hope to catch up this next week and maybe get a little ahead. I will add a few tutes - as I look at these next blocks and see a couple of other ways to attack them...

Have a great sewing - or at least fun - weekend!
Gus
Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Chay, your quilt is beautiful. I can only hope that I will actually get to that point some day, which seems in the FAR distance future. But I am not giving up. Too much fun.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:44 AM

Thanks everyone! Fabric Galore that's an interesting QAYG idea. Thanks for sharing it. I've also seen an idea where you quilt in big sections and then join using Leah Day' technique. I'm going to try it on some leftover blocks I have. Cre8tvlwyr, I had to laugh about your nearly insane comment. I've seen those tiny blocks and that is an incredible project. For my next pieced quilt I'm going a little bigger and am going to do a red and white quilt using the patterns from the Just Takes Two blog. Doing an Insane Jane would send me over the edge! Good luck if you go for it!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 AM

Hey all.

Surprise - I'm back!

After some travelling and outdoor activities and family holidays - not much
sewing gets done in the summer...

I've decided to jump ahead to todays block and gradually fill in the rest later.

I'm also putting the triangles on hold, since I'm worried I'll run out of my fabric.

So here's e-5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352232[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]352235[/ATTACH]

There - I'm sort of caught up

btw kudos to those of you who are actually keeping up - well done!
and Chay you inspire us all with your completed blocks - hopefully many of us will get there as well (next year)!!
Attached Thumbnails e-5-g.jpg   e-5-b.jpg  
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Hex Nut
Glad you are back...I like your blocks...especially the little flower in the center of the blue