Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 278 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

My rulers arrived. I was expecting them to take longer. LOL I spent some time with the DJ program and decided how I wanted my colours to be. Didn't want to do a Trip Around the World layout as I have seen too many of them and I want mine to be different. LOL I always have to make things more difficult. Anyway I have printed out a road map for myself and the first 2 weeks of blocks. I have to finish off a quilt top to get it to the LAQ, but just have the borders to add and it won't take long. Now I just have to dig out my bin of batiks. I am still trying to decide if I want each block to be monochromatic or to use a background fabric. I am leaning towards to monochromatic.

Blog Entries
    KR - you have done a wonderful job on the blocks you have there. I see that you've done a lot of the difficult ones

Spartan - I like the organized design wall you've devised.
    Nancy in western NY

Here are week 2 blocks: I like all the blocks I have seen - really like the colors in SheriR. very pretty!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I would suggest to install the DJ software again. It seems to me somewhere something went wrong as you're missing quite a lot.
    Thanks, We tried re-installing it twice and it was still the same. Have been talking to tech support at EQ and Penny says it has something to do with the fact the DJ was written in 2002 and I have a computer with Windows 7 and somewhere along the line somebody is not talking to somebody between the program and the computer.
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    this afternoon, i decided to design a DJ similar to the original, but with only 5 fabrics. so i was recoloring blocks/patches for quite a while. i was almost done and the program decided to shut down!! well, nothing i did was saved. so i tried again, but decided to save the quilt and file every time i changed colors. i know, rookie mistake.
    Nancy in western NY

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    What a Great Idea! Okay if I copy that? It'll also let me know what other fabric I need to purchase. Thanks for such a wonderful show & tell.
    Jeanine
    Of course, anyone who can benefit from that design wall, is welcome to use the idea. I just knew that it worked for me. Keep up the good work, everyone, and keep posting pictures. Love them. So glad that I joined, even as late as it was.

Last edited by spartan quilter; 01-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Thanks, We tried re-installing it twice and it was still the same. Have been talking to tech support at EQ and Penny says it has something to do with the fact the DJ was written in 2002 and I have a computer with Windows 7 and somewhere along the line somebody is not talking to somebody between the program and the computer.
    Same problems here. I can't use the design wall function of the software and even after spending a long time on the phone with tech support we couldn't get it to work. That was disappointing. I ended up doing a convoluted scheme involving Photoshop and it works but isn't great.

I enjoy seeing everyone's blocks. So many variations!

Here are mine for the first 2 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Those are beautiful chay! I really love the bright colors!
    Brooke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay View Post
    Here are mine for the first 2 weeks.
    what delightful fabrics. nice work
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay View Post
    I enjoy seeing everyone's blocks. So many variations!
    Ditto! Nicely done.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 15 of 278 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 65 115 ... LastLast