Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 278 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Here are weeks 33 and 34. I didn't forget the tiny melons in the center of F-6 -- after three attempts, I decided to move on and come back to them later. They were so frustrating! And I didn't notice how wonky F-10 looks til I looked at the picture. I hope it just needs squaring up. Isaac knocked out my electricity from Wednesday morning til Thursday evening, so I spent some of that time working on a couple of appliques and I have a renewed appreciation of Jane's skill. How in the world did they create such beautiful quilts without lights, a modern iron, and freezer paper? And I didn't even have to stop to milk the cows and chop wood for the stove!
    Name:  DJ - Week33.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  DJ - Week34.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  76.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Can anyone give me directions to do a10 I have the center done can't figure out the last do I miter a border then appliqué on the points any help would be appreciated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    How in the world did they create such beautiful quilts without lights, a modern iron, and freezer paper? And I didn't even have to stop to milk the cows and chop wood for the stove!
    Too funny!

Fromzstore, I'm pretty sure I followed thatquilt's instructions for A-10. If I'm remembering correctly, only the base of the triangles are hand-sewn. The rest is pieced except the center melon. The center is reverse applique, which I have slightly more success with than regular applique.

Blog Entries
    thanks for your help will try that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
    Can anyone give me directions to do a10 I have the center done can't figure out the last do I miter a border then appliqué on the points any help would be appreciated
    Hi, Fromzstore!
    I could not resolve A-10 sewing all at the same time. I finished the Center, adds clear edges and then apply the dark special piece. I attached some pictures to make it look better. I hope serve you the tip.
    A hug!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Blog Entries
    thank you gladys that is a big help

Gladys,
    I love your c-7 the color selection really sets it off nicely
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Mim,
    thanks for sharing the wonderful view of the full moon from your cottage. Very nice.
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

hee hee Katy bob....loved your comment about not having to stop to milk the cows or chop the wood. It wasn't too long ago I was milking about 30 goats and chopping wood for the fire so it really hit home with me. I agree about all the modern helps we have to make neat quilts. Great job on your squares and on keeping up!
    Linda

Page 153 of 278 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast