Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 168 of 278 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 167 168 169 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Here's Week 39 -- a good week for me. Lots of paperpiecing, which I really like, and appliques that aren't so frustratingly small. I go back to F-9 every now and then and still haven't done a decent enough job on those teeny tiny melons to call it done.
    Name:  DJ - Week39.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  185.4 KB

Wonderful blocks katybob. I love those fabrics and the precision of your piecing is great!

Hi, I've just ordered the DJ cd and am waiting for it to arrive. I have the book and have made three blocks. I've also started a small DJ group and we meet once a month. I would love to join this forum. How do Ido this please?

You already did join us gailkv, welcome to the group Just post pictures of the blocks you've done, we love to see them!

Katybob, your blocks are wonderful!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Thanks Anael. Silly me. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Hi gailkv,
    Welcome to this great thread - it is truely a great place to be !
    So much info and help here!
    DottyD

Thanks Dotty, I'm looking forward to my software arriving so I can really get started.

Quote Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
    Hi gailkv,
    Welcome to this great thread - it is truely a great place to be !
    So much info and help here!
    DottyD

Welcome gailkv!!
    We love to see new Janiacs - you are always welcome If you go to the very first post you will find our schedule. I made it 'beginner heavy' for the first few weeks, although I have trickled in more difficult ones. I also tried to go row-by-row although the blocks within the row may not be in order because when I asked some of the members who started their DJ with the 2010 group they indicated some dropped off because the blocks were too scattered. It seems to be working. The DJ software has a list of beginner, intermediate, and advanced blocks/triangles. I made the beginners green and advanced red on the schedule, so if you want to get a few more done initially, you can certainly start with the green ones! Just let us know if you need any tips. [re=reading what I wrote...dk if it even makes sense? I think I b tired
    When I get more coherent I will type in the list of posts that have tips on them again gailkv

my Bernina 440 is acting badly once again....ahem .... every time I quilt with it. I feel like driving it to Bernina [because you certainly can't speak to anyone there on the phone] and throwing it through their front window.
    oh well...
    have a great sewing day. I may get back to it although I'm leaving town for a few days. Still 4 triangles behind - actually 2 blocks and 5 triangles this week
    Gus

My DJ software arriVed today. It took six days from the States to New Zealand. Thought that was very quick. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gailkv View Post
    My DJ software arriVed today. It took six days from the States to New Zealand. Thought that was very quick. Now I have to figure out how to use it.
    How exciting! Welcome aboard.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 168 of 278 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 167 168 169 178 218 268 ... LastLast