Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 278 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Hi, I am not only wanting to have the block 'spin' as Jane's original did, but I would also like to duplicate her "wonky" look. I think Jane did that on purpose; similar to how F-1 is drafted. Is anyone aware of a pattern for this? If not, I think I will draft my own.
    Actually, the wonky look is what I was asking about, not the mirror image. I ended up going into EQ and drawing a wonky pattern...then the fun began! On my first try, I forgot to put colored fabric into the offshoots..so I started another block. I got it together only to discover I had made an error in my drawing and had 2 of the lines off by one dot. So...I went into EQ and corrected that error and sewed yet another block. See all three below, Unfortunately as I was pressing the last seam open on the correct block, for some reason, I felt the little wand iron I use needed a bit more pressure and without thinking, I pressed down on the bar with my left hand OUCH!! 2 nasty burns on my middle and thrid finger. Bet I won't do that again. Anyway, I do like the look of the wonky pinwheel ... I think it looks more like the one in Jane's quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    I have been unable to start the DJ project, but have been following all of your progress. All of the blocks and colors are looking great. Maybe before long I will be able to start.

Blog Entries
    Linda, I was confused as to what you were referring to about original A1. I went to sewNso's close-up pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/6885328...in/photostream
    Now I see what you mean about her block being wonky. Yours is very close to hers
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    here are my week 3 blocks in red and cream. i can't even tell you how many times i resewed the seams in the geese to get the points right
    Name:  rDJ wk 3.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Nancy in western NY

Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Actually, the wonky look is what I was asking about, not the mirror image. I ended up going into EQ and drawing a wonky pattern...then the fun began! On my first try, I forgot to put colored fabric into the offshoots..so I started another block. I got it together only to discover I had made an error in my drawing and had 2 of the lines off by one dot. So...I went into EQ and corrected that error and sewed yet another block. See all three below, Unfortunately as I was pressing the last seam open on the correct block, for some reason, I felt the little wand iron I use needed a bit more pressure and without thinking, I pressed down on the bar with my left hand OUCH!! 2 nasty burns on my middle and thrid finger. Bet I won't do that again. Anyway, I do like the look of the wonky pinwheel ... I think it looks more like the one in Jane's quilt.
    Oh, Linda! So sorry about those burns! I hope they heal fast. I LOVE your block :-) I will have to draft my own too, I need it to look like that. You did a great job. I am sorry it took 3 takes to get it perfect but the final outcome is worth it! I'm finding that I am using my seam ripper an awful lot on these blockes - LOL - I am making bunches of mistakes (fabrics sewn with wrong side to right side seems to be my most common error - haha)

Week 3 blocks

Here are my blocks for Week 3, both the ones I made last summer and the current ones.
    Name:  DJ - Week 3.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  71.8 KB

Here's my blocks for this upcoming week. HATE the A1 block, only made 4 times and my points still didn't come out but its done and I'm tired of messing with it. My circles are alittle wonky but again, after it is washed no one will know. I have found I enjoy paper piecing. I have found a technique that I like and they are fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Here is a link to how I did mine. Dear Jane A-1 Block Question

You are right, the block in the book is not like Jane's original block. That inner pinwheel square is NOT square. I got my colors mirrored, but I was pretty happy with how the block looks compared to Jane's original.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Blog Entries

Wk3 - A1, A5, B1

A1 - English Paper Pieced - Don't know what I was thinking doing this block this way!
    A5 - Paper Pieced - Last minute color change to make the block look more like the original but in 3 colors.
    B1 - The buttons were basted to cardstock paper (like I use for EPP) and then appliqued with silk thread (love that stuff) to the background fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I am getting confused with the talke about the signature block and this DJ quilt. Are you going to start a separate thread for those who want to do the signature block and the triangle or square thing?
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Page 21 of 278 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast