Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 278 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Blog Entries
    I intend to buy a Doodle Pad and try it. I had tracing paper but it was too thin and it kept jamming up my printer. Everyone's blocks are so pretty and yet so different. Is anyone else doing a trip-around-the world in their DJ? I'm behind on my squares but I am trying to get caught up this week.
    LOSIE
    Sebring, FL
    Bless the Lord

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Well, life happened last week so got very little sewing done. Finally finished week 4 this morning. Here are my blocks
    Attachment 309656

I love the ....stone?.... print on the second one. You are very brave to do 3 at once. Though I'm tempted to start a second while working on the first. I swear.... its like potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
    I intend to buy a Doodle Pad and try it. I had tracing paper but it was too thin and it kept jamming up my printer. Everyone's blocks are so pretty and yet so different. Is anyone else doing a trip-around-the world in their DJ? I'm behind on my squares but I am trying to get caught up this week.
    Hi Fabric Galore
    I too am doing a trip around the world with mine in a muted/pastel rainbow scheme. How about you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    I love the ....stone?.... print on the second one. You are very brave to do 3 at once. Though I'm tempted to start a second while working on the first. I swear.... its like potato chips.
    They really are addicting Honestly, doing more than one is not that much more work... you've already printed and you've already figured out how to sew it. I don't have selvedge info on the fabric, but it looks a lot different in a bigger piece. I've had it quite a while... one of those pieces you just keep petting and can't decide what to use it on
    Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  69.9 KB
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Hi, Ladies!
    Your blocks are amazing!
    Love your fabrics and how well they all look!
    Congratulations!
    I spent the day with only 2 blocks: B-10 and A-5. Both were much better than expected!
    But I can not do curved seams of B-2 and B-3! The curves never went well!
    Tomorrow sew the Block A-1. I drew on graph paper the new model which I loved! I also do it in white-green and I called "A-1 QB Friends"!
    And again on the curves! In my country there is no freezer paper, but I will try my method templates and see what happens!
    I've seen questions of "melons" ... what is that?
    I go to sleep, it's too late! Hugs to all!

Quote Originally Posted by GV09 View Post
    Hi, Ladies!
    Your blocks are amazing!
    Love your fabrics and how well they all look!
    Congratulations!
    I spent the day with only 2 blocks: B-10 and A-5. Both were much better than expected!
    But I can not do curved seams of B-2 and B-3! The curves never went well!
    Tomorrow sew the Block A-1. I drew on graph paper the new model which I loved! I also do it in white-green and I called "A-1 QB Friends"!
    And again on the curves! In my country there is no freezer paper, but I will try my method templates and see what happens!
    I've seen questions of "melons" ... what is that?
    I go to sleep, it's too late! Hugs to all!
    Gladys, "melons" are the long kind of oval shapes that are pointed on each end like you see in B12
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by gailinva View Post
    Thankyou ozarkmama for the tip on the PP paper you use. I will give it a try!!!!
    You're very welcome!

Anyone have a helpful hint as to how to reverse applique the tips of the melons in B12? Do you need to clip all the way to the point?
    Thanks!
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
    Anyone have a helpful hint as to how to reverse applique the tips of the melons in B12? Do you need to clip all the way to the point?
    Thanks!
    I just finished B12 and the tips are definitely not very pointy. Some I clipped all the way to the point and some I clipped not quite to the point, and both had problems -- some have stray threads sticking out and some are a little rounded. I'm working on A3 right now and I'm using the same method rather than the method used in "thatquilt", so maybe it will be a little better.

Blog Entries
    Fabric Galore, I am behind as well. I had printer problems and finally got that taken care of so I hope I can catch up now. I am starting week 2.
    God is so big He can cover the whole world with his Love, and so small He can curl up inside your heart.

Page 41 of 278 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 141 ... LastLast