Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 278 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
    i have a feeling i will be using the rubber hammer on the block if it needs it or not!!!
    I'm ROTFL here with you!!
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Name:  TR-1.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  258.6 KBName:  TR-3.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  407.6 KB
    jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Here's a link to a DJ quilt that has the most amazing sashing and cornerstones. Yikes! There are instructions on how to do it using the CD.

http://www.quiltville.com/dearjaneatsea.shtml

Hey Everyone!
    Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Life has gotten rather busy as of late! I am still working on B10 and all my triangles for this week but seeing everyones progress is very motivating!

Here are my blocks!
    B3 is my absolute favorite, I love, love, love the arrows going through the block!

B12

B2

B3

A3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay View Post
    Here's a link to a DJ quilt that has the most amazing sashing and cornerstones. Yikes! There are instructions on how to do it using the CD.
    Seriously?!? You guys are really making it hard for me to stick to my plan! That looks super amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    Seriously?!? You guys are really making it hard for me to stick to my plan! That looks super amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Be strong!!! Plans are good!!! But if you do those cool sashes let me know!!! Tempting huh!!!

Kallie, LOVE the arrows!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html

From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay View Post

http://www.quiltville.com/dearjaneatsea.shtml
    it really is an amazing quilt. however, for me, the blocks get lost in the complicated sashing pattern. i'm keeping my sashings plain so that my blocks will be the focus. and her title "after 5 years..." ! I don't think I want to delay my quilt finish when the blocks are finally done.
    Nancy in western NY

Love Bonnie's quilt with the sashings, Chay!! Thanks for posting. Yep, the best laid plans.... I had intended on enlarging the quilt by placing a medallion in the center. But I like this one better. The only thing is I do want to have the scalloped border with triangles and Bonnie has left them off. I think the best way to handle that would be to leave the outer star points off the storm at sea sashing. Actually there is another complication if you want to QAYG this - with the 1/2" plain sashing, your quilted batt & top blocks fit nicely under the sashing so there is no need to add more. The storm at sea sashing is wider so once again, you need to add batting and the QAYG would seem pointless. The only way I see around that is to QAYG in sections rather than individual blocks. I promise to get my act together to post some pictures within the next couple of days!!

Everyone's blocks and triangles are absolutely amazing!! As for A9 - since there's a 'break' start it then. When you break it up into sections or simply go around the center by paper or foundation piecing, it isn't really that difficult. I think there is a block in "nearly insane" [at Road to CA - one quilter called her version 'clearly insane'] that has around 200 pieces!! here's a link to the book about the quilt made in the 1800s
    http://nearlyinsane.com/shop/index.p...iewDoc&docId=5
    Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 02-20-2012 at 08:22 AM.

I'm working a little ahead because March is going to be a busy month for me. A-9 may have a lot of little pieces, but as Al Jolsen said, "You ain't seen nothing yet" until you get to A-11! (I think it was Al Jolsen.) That's a tough one!

UUUUHHHHMMM I have to confirm that c7 will need the rubber hammer !! A little minx this one !! ( I found )
    Dot in England, UK.

Page 52 of 278 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast