Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion >

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 10:06 PM

Gladys, your blocks are beautiful. You did a great job on the curves!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by memereof8 View Post
Hi GV09, I love your blocks and their colors. Your block colors are the same color family that I am using. I have not posted any of my blocks yet. I don't know why, but I have not. Do you need a computer program to make your block grid. It would be exciting to learn how to create this grid, while at the same time I would be able to keep track of my fabric colors. Thanks
Hi, memereof8!
Thank's!
I use a computer program called "Microsoft Visio ®", which is to carry out plans of offices or industrial plants.

With him I could do the diagram and as it allows me to insert pictures, only thing I do is to add the photos of each of my blocks in the relevant places.

If you do not have the program, the file could not be opened or used.

And I do not know another way to do it. I feel have not been able to be more help!

A hug!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Gladys, your blocks are beautiful. You did a great job on the curves!
Hi, Anael!
Thank you very much! You are so sweet!
A big hug!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 AM

Here are my blocks for this week. They don't look all square but they are!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mya12-327-x-321-.jpg   myb5-371-x-369-.jpg   myb6-377-x-362-.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM

I have no idea why these blocks look so weird, they're all the same size
Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 PM

Anael ... I love your blocks! And your great job!
Not to worry! They are perfect! Sometimes the light and the eye of the camera play us a dirty trick! I say that they are Elves who accompany me in my sewing room! Hahaha!
Have a beautiful day!
A strong hug!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mim View Post
Here is my next bunch of 12. I am working ahead because I won't be doing anything on DJ in April. I'm not keeping to the schedule because I want to make sure that the shades of blue are well mixed.

April is packing, moving back to Maine for the summer, opening up the cottage ang fixing whatever went wrong during the winter. Then comes mowing, cutting brush and taking down the 3 trees that need to go. Chain saw fun!!!

So I thing I am now 1/4 the way there -- I haven't counted. You will see a lot more PP blocks than applique because I really enjoy PP.
Hi Mim,
not sure if you'll read this before you are packed and on your way, but if you do I have a question. I enjoy pp, too, but with these blocks I have to join several sections and end up with a seam going crooked. Does that make sense? In other words, I divide the blocks into several pieces that seem to make sense and as I add the larger sections together I have trouble getting them lined up properly and things go wonky. Any advice from you - or anyone - greatly appreciated.

I try to be careful of the 1/4" seam, and I thought I was a better pp.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
A few days ago I started to track people who have been posting and comparing it to the signup list I had started. I have comments/postings from 25 of the 124 who signed up [I added your name to the signup list Jocelyn]. Never having started a group before - perhaps Nancy or the rest of you can provide some feedback here. Don't want to bug anyone - but certainly dont want anyone to feel left out or intimidated either... Has anyone ever PM'd people who have signed up for things to ask if 'all is well' etc....give status report... ?? thoughts??
Gus, this is the first sew along I've ever done. I do enjoy reading the posts and seeing the blocks, even when I can't post. I usually get to log in a couple times during the week and enjoy it after a long day at work. I thought I had noticed things tapering off a bit over the last several weeks. As for me personally 'life got in the way.' I do plan on continuing, though. I just haven't had blocks to post for a couple of weeks now. I can't imagine anyone being offended by a pm 'hello.' I guess one of the negatives of this kind of forum is not knowing why we haven't heard from someone in a while. It kind of nags away at the back of my mind and if it was someone from a guild that I actually attended I could pick up the phone and say 'haven't seen you in a while and wanted to say hi.'

Anyway, I'm on Spring Break -yeah- and after I plow through some work I brought home I hope I can catch up on blocks and post by next weekend!

Happy Quilting everyone.

Last edited by CindyA; 04-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM

LOVE your blocks Anael!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM

I know that I have been silent lately. I was derailed during the off week amd have not fought my way back yet. It is on my list after I finish Boomerang blocks. With the kiddos, I have little time to sew and have to prioritize. DJ is next on the list. . I think I am down by 10 blocks which should not be difficult when I focus on it.