Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Blog Entries
    What a super idea, I have the book, bought it a few months ago and actually made 3 North Carolina star blocks for my partner in the quilting bee swap. I want to jump in, great way to keep me in line, I need pushing often and this way I can make one of each star, I look through the book often and have never been able to decide which one I love the best! Thank you, when do we start???

Thank you, Carrie, for leading this project. I have about 15 done and love these blocks. Now where did I put them?????
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

I have the book, foundation disk, fabric, and ready to go, Carrie! (Or is the foundation disk Dear Jane? I can get confused easy.

BeckyPotter, you might want to practice before you start with the Carol Doak Stars. They're not that hard but very time consuming and lots of tiny pieces. There are great tuts on the internet, just google paperpiecing and you'll find a lot of them.

QNS, there's no foundation disk with the 50 Stars book. There's a Yahoo group and when you sign up you can download the pdf files of all 50 blocks so you won't have to scan them yourself.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

I have the book, got some of Carol's paper. Need to load the dics in the book and see what it is. I am looking forward to working on this project.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Hello!

Looks like we are going to have a great group starting/continuing in January. First I want to let everyone know, Quilt Pro has the Foundation Factory 50-Stars on sale for 50% off (shows in "cart") if you are thinking about making your blocks a different size than the 12" it is a great tool. http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage

Now I will try to answer questions:

newbee3--yes, you are more than welcome to join...glad to have you.

Anael--you can use the foundation factory as a stand alone program

BeckyPotter--if you do some practice blocks, then I think you would be able to handle these. Here is a link to a simple starting block: http://quilterscache.com/StartQuilti...tingthree.html

Retired Fire Chief--we will start with the first block (Alabama) and share pictures the first week of January.

Jan--hope you find your blocks and are sure to show us!

QNS--foundation factory (download or cd) is for the 50 stars; DJ has the EQ disk

Thanks for the heads up about the 50% off sale, I just bought it. Will be printing them out so I can get started the first of the year.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

This sounds like a great "New Years Resolution". I think I will get the book and join in! Thanks for such a great idea!

Thanks Carrie but what I mean is, if I buy one of the Carol Doak cd's, do I still need Foundation Factory as well?
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

oh Man this is tempting! Have the book and templates! Just not enough time!

Hugs,
    Betty

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast