Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 AM

Lyn & Toverly, love your blocks. I have about 10 more to do but I'm running out of ideas for color combos. I seem to be stuck in a "blue" mood. Need to lay them out and check what colors I'm missing. Here are my Nevada & New Hampshire.[ATTACH=CONFIG]484397[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nevada-new-hampshire.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Toverly and Jan--great job on finishing another block (or two)!

Jan--have you made plans for your blocks yet? Don't let them end up in "the box"!! They are too pretty for that. You can make 2 or maybe even 3 smaller quilts if you don't need/want another big quilt. Do you many green blocks?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 AM

Thank you, Carrie. What block arrangement are you using for your 2 quilts? I'm probably going to make 2; or maybe a big one and a wall hanging. Not sure, but hopefully they won't end up in The Box--it's pretty full right now LOL. I flipped thru my blocks and noticed that I have a lot of blue, purple, green and teal blocks. Not many red or yellow and (to me) the dreaded orange. Better concentrate on those colors.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:12 PM

Here is my New Hampshire for this week, still keeping up, but running out of ideas for fabric placement, why oh why did I work with a limited colour palette, always sounds like a good idea when I start
Attached Thumbnails new-hampshire.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:26 PM

mirabelle--I like how you did the red with the bit of yellow among all the shades of gray.

Jan--I am planning to do at least one of the quilts on point with sashing...will just need 18 blocks for that one. Then if I do the other 4x5...I am thinking no sashing for this one, just off setting the blocks in each row. I have the coordinating stripe fabric for the "shimmer" line (the butterflies) so will use that for borders.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 PM

Hi
I have enjoyed seeing evones blocks this week, Mirabell you had me looking back on what I had done your block looks different with the way you have done all white and just the colour middle, It realy make the red stand out. I know what you mean about colour combintation, I have been cutting and thinking that they are all the same but when they go together they are all so different. I have been putting them in a spreadsheet to keep a easier track n what I have cut.

Jan , Toverly your colours a lovely.

I have 4 more to sew and 4 more to cut and sew, then I can see how much fabric I have left to see how I put it together.

happy sewing everyone.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:06 PM

Mirab, I'm loving your colors. And wishing I'd have done mine that way instead of scrappy. The plan was to use up a lot of my stash; not happening--seems to be growing!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM

I'm with janRN, I like the planned colors stars better than my scrappy too! It's going to be interesting pulling all my colors together to get a cohesive look. It's so funny, my stash hasn't gone down either. Love everyone's blocks!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:26 PM

Hi everyone. I did this with the last group. I haven't been on here to look at your beautiful work in some time. Wow the blocks are gorgeous. Any of you guys who are getting frustrated. I was talked in to entering mine in the county fair. It won overall best of show. They all come out so beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00956.jpg  
Old 07-24-2014, 04:46 AM

meanmom, I've had a copy of your quilt on my computer as inspiration to keep going! Mine will be scrappy also but I love your dark background. Congratulations on Best of Show!