Our theme this year is "Instant Gratification!"
The idea is to select small projects that will challenge us to learn something new, but that can be finished in a day or two.
A project will be posted on the 1st of each month.
Sulabug has already selected a lovely project for us to kick off 2014.
If anybody would like to volunteer to select projects in the following months, please send me a PM.
1. All registered and active members of the board are eligible to request a spot on a "pickers' list".
-Projects must involve quilting or relate directly to quilting.
-Projects should be inexpensive to make and not involve parts that cannot be found around the house or from a local source.
-Projects should be interesting and - ideally - help us hone a particular skill. But, they should also be something the average quilter could finish in a few hours if she/he is lucky enough to work without interruption. (Finished means finished, please. Ready to use or give.)
2. Pickers will be responsible for either a link to existing directions for a free project, or for providing directions for the they've designed themselves. We all have different skill levels and technique preferences.
3. Anyone who sees the list and likes the projects is invited to make them. However, only registered members of the board will be able to post pictures of the projects they've made.
4. If a posted project doesn't interest you, feel free to skip it.
5. There will be two threads for each project. Both of them will be in the BOM section of the board. One thread for directions and discussion, and the other thread for pictures of the finished projects. For the sake of keeping things sane all other threads will be moved or deleted.
When posting a new BOM, please make sure to use the appropriate titles, such as:
"October 1, 2007 - Mug Rug - Directions & Discussion"
"October 1, 2007 - Mug Rug - Photos"
5. Pick and make any projects you like from any lists you like. No matter how long ago a project was picked, you are still invited to post pictures when you make one. Just make sure to post your pics in the pictures thread for that project.
6. Again - You don't have to be a registered member or on the lists to play along. The lists simply tell us which registered members have volunteered to take a turn selecting a project. Any registered board member can volunteer for a turn. Simply send a PM to PatriceJ, who will update the list.
6. Our Project of the Month activities are NOT swaps.
7. Have fun! Quilting is fun and Quilter's Rock!!!!!
The January 2014 project discussion can be found here:
1-January-2014 Block/Project of the Month direction's.
The January 2014 Project photos can be found here:
1-January-2014 Block/Projects of the month PHOTO'S.