Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 278 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    Got my CD in the mail today. Have it loaded on the puter and printed out the first three blocks. Still need to check my stash for background fabric.
    tomilu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    I don't use the scanner, just the copy function and they always turn out fine on my printer.
    You are right about the copy function. Now if you want to save the patterns, scan and save to a .pdf file. Just make a note to add the seam lines.

oh those seam allowances can just ruin the fun if you forget about them. I made the Ohio star last summer, didn't know you needed te seam allowance. It was not a pretty sight. LOL
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Katie all your blocks are pretty sights. Bet you didn't forget again.

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    oh those seam allowances can just ruin the fun if you forget about them. I made the Ohio star last summer, didn't know you needed te seam allowance. It was not a pretty sight. LOL

Just found this thread! Have had this book since it came out, now have the motivation to use it!! Will follow along and, if I ever learn about taking pictures and posting, I might be able to get some pictures posted on this group!! You guys are all such an inspiration and so much help

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Katie all your blocks are pretty sights. Bet you didn't forget again.
    Nope I never forgot again, and that was only my second paper piece that I had done. The first one had the 1/4" on the little pattern.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

I am not understanding about adding the seam allowance. I can't look in my book it's wrapped under the tree. But it looked like with paper piecing you lay down one, right side up on its spot. Next piece lay on top of first right sides together. Sew seam on appropriate line, turn, press open, trim, add next piece. Where is the seam allowance we add? Sorry if I just made myself look totally inept.
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Linda, you don't have to know anything about the states. That is just a name she gave the stars. No correlation. She also has a book of stars named after countries. Maybe we should do that one next year. I can't wait to get stated either. Not long now.
    GREAT IDEA, PokerDiva!! The countries next!! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

I don't remember if you said you had the cd with the patterns. If you do no problem. If you are going to copy from the book as I am, you will see that they do not include the seam allowance. You will need to add 1/4" seam allowance around each section. I just draw it in my book before I copy the pattern. Once you open your book, take a look. If I still am not making sense(because sometimes I don't) I will try to clarify. Or I could take a pic. Happy Holidays everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I am not understanding about adding the seam allowance. I can't look in my book it's wrapped under the tree. But it looked like with paper piecing you lay down one, right side up on its spot. Next piece lay on top of first right sides together. Sew seam on appropriate line, turn, press open, trim, add next piece. Where is the seam allowance we add? Sorry if I just made myself look totally inept.

OK, I tried to take a pic of the pattern and it didn't turn out well. I moved it to different spots hoping the different lighting would work. Nope. Maybe someone else can try.

Page 11 of 278 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast