Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 162 of 278 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post
    And I thought you were serious, Whitepine! So I guess I could create my own stars by combining those states with special meaning & give them new names. So maybe Texhaw (Texas/Hawaii) Texmar (Texas/Maryland) since I lived in Texas, Hawaii & Maryland. And Iook (Iowa/Oklahoma) since my mother-in-law lives in Iowa & my Dad lived in Oklahoma. Will see if I can combine those. So now to come up with 3 more! Will definitely share pictures once I figure out & sew these last 6.
    You got it! Iook Can't wait to see.

Blog Entries
    Moonwork, love the bubble lady from the 30's. Today's bubble lady might have one balloon. And happy quilting.

Fraew, Great star. That center fabric is yummy. I don't know whether to call is red or purple. I think we're using the same background fabric. See below.

Blog Entries
    Finally, Kentucky.
    Name:  KentuckyReduced.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  249.3 KB

OOOOOOOO whitepine.......Wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all. I used fabrics from my Tonga Treats strips and squares. The collection is "Lollipop". The background is from the "Meringue" collection.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Wow again. Can't wait to get caught up. I am 2 behind. I have to finish my baby quilt. I started Sunday night. The quilt is made up of 16 patch blocks and alternates with an applique of a princess crown. THe 16 patch blocks are finished. Just need to square them up. I made a test applique block last night and it worked out really well. They are all set on point and have a border. Hopefully it will continue to go together quickly. While my machine was in the shop last month I cut out blocks. I have all of them cut out in little baggies. It was fun choosing fabrics. I managed to make all of the blocks from my stash. I only purchased my background since I wanted them all the same. I have been trying to work from my stash lately since it has gotten out of control.

Blog Entries
    AHHHHHHK! I was just on the Carol Doak site looking for one of her free paper pieced blocks. She has apparently redone it and they are all gone It says she has gotten rid of some of the old stuff. There were several there I liked and wanted to use sometime

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    AHHHHHHK! I was just on the Carol Doak site looking for one of her free paper pieced blocks. She has apparently redone it and they are all gone It says she has gotten rid of some of the old stuff. There were several there I liked and wanted to use sometime
    Meanmom, I have a few of them, so let me know which one(s) & I'll look & send them to you in an email. You can PM if you'd like.
    Patricia Faye

Blog Entries
    Thanks Patricia Faye. I don't really know which ones I want. I was just trolling there looking for inspiration. I need to make a couple of blocks for my quilt guild out of some charm squares. I'm not finding anything that is just grabbing me. I might just make one of the state stars. I need to make 2-12 inch squares. Anything I want. I have a weird mix of colors to choose from. Something will come to me eventually.

Whitepine those colors are so lovely together. Your block is wonderful! Fraew looks like you are off to a great start!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Page 162 of 278 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 262 ... LastLast