Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 168 of 278 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 167 168 169 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

You certainly will be - just take your time and have patience - it will all work out well.

I am on my last few blocks and have enjoyed every one of them - especially Maine.

Enjoy !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    By the time I finish this, I will be a great paper piecer right?

Blog Entries
    Ok, so I thought I would get started on the block with copy paper and be sure stitch real short to tear and the cd with the book is only instructional, not the blocks themselves, so now I ordered the cd. Yes, spent when I should not have and then ordered the paper from carol doak so i have it. What fun huh? Now to tap foot and wait. I may just copy the block on reg paper so I can get started. Will see after I finish the quilt I need to do.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Thank you mm! I have the fabrics picked out for the next one, but have not started yet.

Blog Entries
    I have switched from regular copy paper to newsprint. It just rips off so much easier.

Love your sunburst Louisiana, Tomilu.

I know we are still in the week of Louisiana, but I'm looking forward to Maine because it's a little different. I am torn between trying to make a pattern, and trying to use all my colors so far. Can't wait to see what everybody does.

I have finished the 50 stars, doing the border around each star now. Looking forward to finishing it.

Whitepine, where do you get your newsprint paper? Does it come in 81/2" x 11".

And Woman, can't wait to see your stars with a border on it. I keep trying to figure out what I'd like to use, but figured I'd wait until I've finished all the blocks.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    klgreene, I bought the newsprint at Walmart in the section for mailing/packing supplies. It's in big sheets that I have to cut so it's not really handy. Bu I think other people have mentioned finding it in tablets in the school supplies or arts & crafts section or someplace like that. The only problem I have is needing to feed it through my printer one at a time but that might just be my printer and others wouldn't have any problem.

Woman, can't wait to see your 50.

Blog Entries
    I did have problems with regular paper when I first started maybe I will try it again maybe with the knowledge I have gained it will work.

Blog Entries
    I use Ricky TIms paper piecing paper. It costs a little more but it doesn't have to be removed. I sort of turns to light batting when wet. The first quilt I ever made was the Oklahoma star from the book. I made 64 of them. I spent days ripping off the paper and swore I would never ever do it again. For small projects I use regular paper piecing paper and rip it off. I feel like regular paper would be awful hard to rip off. Just my opinion.
    I hope to get back to my stars next week.

I use That Patchwork Place pp paper and really like it but I love the idea of the newsprint for string piecing. I will have to check our Walmart for that.

Page 168 of 278 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 167 168 169 178 218 268 ... LastLast