Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 220 of 278 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 219 220 221 230 270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

i must say the Oregon blocks are sure turning out pretty! better than the one in the book sure a bunch of (artistic) quilters on this board!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Thank you, Florence.

If you hadn't started this thread I would NEVER EVER in a million years done this project. So thanks again for getting up started and keeping us going.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

You're welcome Judy. And Colleen your Oregon star would make my home state happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    here is my Oregon block- thanks for the (info) nickylsf---i kept thinking about all that embroidery & how i would make it fit---now i won't bother worrying about it
    i do plan to use a 7 across-8 down layout (the 50 + 6 alternative blocks) so i will be making a pretty large quilt- definitly no need for sashings.
    and about that (daughter request for my -discarded- Iowa block...she wants a queen size quilt made out of it-she's so funny)
    anyhow-
    Oregon done- now on to work on a couple other projects i really need to be working on- suddenly the (season) is hitting! hubby watching football- that means me quilting
    Attachment 361453
    Colleen. Your Oregon is beautiful. Have a wonderful quilting day! I plan to do the same, working on my OBW.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Thank you, Florence.

If you hadn't started this thread I would NEVER EVER in a million years done this project. So thanks again for getting up started and keeping us going.
    I totally agree! Florence, thank you so much. This says a lot for the power of the group.

Blog Entries
    CK, the thing I like most about this project is that each star is different. I don't think I could make a quilt of all the same so my hats off to you in doing one for your daughter. And I too thank PokerDiva for keeping us going. It will have definitely marked off a year when we're done. The year of the stars.

Nicky & Judy, really nice OBWs. It's amazing how those turn out but I'm not ready to start one yet. Don't they waste a lot of fabric?

Judy, Your stars look fantastic. I'm kind of envious that you're done.

Great Oregon blocks!!

PokerDiva, this is the best I can come up with for Oregon. Maybe you have a better idea. It has nothing to do with Oregon, but was recorded in Portland, and that counts. Hard to believe now what a controversy this caused in 1963.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec1JInytH0

Blog Entries
    Oregon. I thought I was getting better at selecting colors, but the wrong one stands out. Name:  Oregon reduced.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  246.7 KB

I think you did great with the colors whitepine. I always did like blue and green together. I like the song Louie Louie. I had no idea it was recorded in Portland.

whitepine- i love your Oregon Block!
    and btw---there is NO WAY i am making my daughter a quilt with all the same block---
    (CK, the thing I like most about this project is that each star is different. I don't think I could make a quilt of all the same so my hats off to you in doing one for your daughter. )
    she just really likes the Iowa block i made & discarded and wants me to design her a queen sized quilt around that block- she knows me well enough to know- I discarded it in the first place- i won't be making more of it! to me it is a HORRENDOUS block (the new Iowa is so much better)
    we shall see what i wind up doing with it as a center feature---only time will tell & i have alot of other things in the works before i'm even willing to set that horrible block up & start considering...my daughter is a (purple girl) & i've never been all that into purple- so everything for her is a challenge- having to start with that block just puts the challenge up to a new level
    (
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

OK Colleen, that block is not HORRENDOUS. And I love purple.

Page 220 of 278 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 219 220 221 230 270 ... LastLast