Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 224 of 278 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 223 224 225 234 274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Geez, it didn't want to upload my pics but finally got it. Got my SMALL design wall up. Only place I had to put it is in the guest room. Had to take a quilt down to put it up. They are in order of how they were done not how I will sew them together. Any ideas for sashing? I was thinking deep purple but can't find the right one. Next thinking navy. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Geez, it didn't want to upload my pics but finally got it. Got my SMALL design wall up. Only place I had to put it is in the guest room. Had to take a quilt down to put it up. They are in order of how they were done not how I will sew them together. Any ideas for sashing? I was thinking deep purple but can't find the right one. Next thinking navy. Any suggestions?
    Florence, they look great! I would pick a color from the focus fabric, if you want sashing at all. I have seen many of these without sashing, especially when your backgrounds read mostly as solids. Unless you need the sashing for adding to the size.

oh i love your (quilt!) Florence-
    do you feel you need sashing? if it's necessary i would probably go with the navy- just because the (right purple) can be so difficult to get to play well with everyone else.
    maybe even a white on white?...that would float everything. depends on your reason for sashing and how wide you plan to make it- navy would give distinct separation- white would float the stars with out as much distinct separation- i would lay out a few candidates & blocks, step back & see what i like best...looking good !
    i need to get off the computer- go make breakfast- & get into my sewing room to make today's block!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

mona lisa, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Rhode Island block! now i really need to get off here, make breakfast & get to my sewing room to make mine!
    and about my star fabric - getting lost in Pennslyvania---i have used it in a number of my blocks now & when they are hanging all together it really does not (disappear) as much as the picture may make it seem-
    it is (subtle) but it stands up at the same time- i think when i get it all together all of you will see it better

Colleen and Nicky, thanks for the help with the sashing. I was really only going to use sashing because I was afraid of the bulk in the seams putting the blocks together. Maybe I should put a few together just to see how bad it would be. Colleen, I love your starry fabric in your blocks. I am glad that it shows better in person. I know pics can sometimes not show the same as in person. I think you quilt will be beautiful.

Anyway here is my #39 Rhode Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

so, why is it- when i make a block that i feel i really did a poor job choosing fabric for- the points all come out perfect?
    i am pretty disappointed with my choices this week- but boy-that center could not be more perfect! figures...
    and when i showed it to hubby he actually (YUKKED) it! then proceeded to tell me what i *should have* done-
    i'm starting to think i should just get him to choose the fabrics each week---
    anyway- here it is Rhode Island-- i may re-make it sometime down the road- or i may accept it--only time will tell- it actually doesn't look so bad hanging with the rest of them...
    Name:  Rhode Island_2.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  668.9 KB

Colleen, I love those fabrics. And tell your DH he is not the quilt police. I think those colors go wonderfully together and just pop but what the heck do I know.

Blog Entries
    Nice!! PokerDiva. I like those blues. Boy, it's quiet this morning. Here's another Rhode Island.Name:  Rhode Island Reduced.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  262.1 KB

And a song for Rhode Island, of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmVTbWHgFc
    Last edited by whitepine; 09-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    CK, I love those two outter fabrics together. I'm not wild about the paisley but that's just me. I sure wouldn't do it over, leave perfect alone. : )

I need help. I was hoping someone could help me figure out placement of my quilt. I have all my star blocks finished and ready to put together. They are 8 finished each and I plan on using 2 inch sashing between the blocks 2 inch cornerstones (hope this is the correct terms). I want to make a king size and put the blocks on point. Can anyone tell me how to place the blocks correctly. Hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
    Carolyn

Page 224 of 278 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 223 224 225 234 274 ... LastLast