Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 228 of 278 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 227 228 229 238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I am still thinking about the sashing. 2" sashing will make this quilt much bigger than I want, as I have no use for a king size plus quilt. So I may use the QAYG method I know that uses 3/4" sashing but does not increase the size of the quilt. Or only use 36 blocks with 2" sashing... I just don't know yet. Then I would have to do something else with the remaining 14 blocks.

Blog Entries
    Poker diva I love your South Carolina. It could possibly be my favorite of your blocks so far. I love purple.
    Pat

Thank you Pat. I love purple too. Nicky, I am going to cut mine at 1 1/2". I am only putting sashing in because otherwise I think the seams will be to bulky.

South Dakota

We don't have too many more to do............
    Doesn't the center look like a snow flake? Oh the possibilities!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MonaLisa, beautiful. It does look like a snowflake but it also looks like it is on fire.

Blog Entries
    It does look like a snowflake Mona Lisa. In this case, a super nova. Very nice.
    I never thought about how bulky the seams will be without sashing. Hmm....

Blog Entries
    I just read my last post and noticed that it makes no sense whatsoever. I was mixing my snowflakes and my stars, but at last they are both good things. It just reflects my state of mind lately.

Even though I have made enough stars for my lap quilt, I still lurk in here every week. Love love love all the stars you gals are making. Just beautiful.

Could I have some help, please? I picked up the quilt from the quilter and now I am not sure what to do about binding. I bought the same green mottled fabric for the backing and I so have enough of that for the binding, but am wondering if that will be too much. I have more of the green and purple in the binding, and have some darker rust like the sashing. And have other batiks also that could be used. Any color grab your attention for the binding?

So ... please: what would you use for a binding? Thank you all so much for chiming in on this question.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Wow Judy amazing. My pick would be the rust but what do I know I couldn't even pick out my own sashing. I started to put some of my stars together to see what it will look like with choices. Have one row done and should finish the next tomorrow then I will post a pic of the two rows and see what you think.

Judy, your quilt is wonderful! For binding I would pick a bright color from the stars. That is just me.

Page 228 of 278 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 227 228 229 238 ... LastLast