Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 232 of 278 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    A great bunch of South Dakotas! It sure is a busy star.

Meanmom, I love your collection, it is going to be a beautiful quilt. One reason I'm glad to see them laid out is that I was wondering if it was going to look odd with some of the stars having colored corners. It doesn't look odd, and in fact, I think, makes it more interesting. I was worried that I would want to go back and redo the corners, and am relieved that I like it.

here is my tennessee & texas stars- i have a big wool hand applique project starting that i have to concentrate on- as soon as the background fabric arrives- so i'm trying to get ahead- i don't want to fall behind- i really want to get this one together.

Name:  tennessee_5.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  873.6 KBName:  texas_6.JPG
Views: 349
Size:  751.2 KB
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

And they are beauties Colleen.

Blog Entries
    Colleen those are great blocks. I can't wait to get to them. No stars for me tonight I need to make a postcard for guild tomorrow night. Whitepine I was concerned about the colored corners too. I think they will look fine so far. I was considering cutting them off and changing them to the background fabric. I had 2 fabrics I was considering for my sashing. I think I have made up my mind. It is a fabric I only had a FQ of and I found it on EBay yesterday. They shipped it today. I was surprised they still had it. The LQS where I bought the FQ some time ago said the bolt sold out in a few days and they were never able to get more. I will try to post pictures of it tomorrow. Off to my sewing room.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Those are beautiful, CK. Love the paisley.

Blog Entries
    Made it! Another South Dakota.
    Name:  South Dakota Reduced.jpg
Size:  274.5 KB
    And a South Dakota song by the Bee Gees. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4LIbko4xA

OK, I really love that one too Sue.

ooo I agree...the rust would be great. love how it turned out! Maybe some time I'll get to work on mine again....only got about 12 -14 of them finished but they holler at me every now and again.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Blog Entries
    Sue, I love that South Dakota. I hope to finish a baby quilt tonight or tomorrow night so I can get back to my stars. I need to head to the mailbox to see if my sashing fabric is out there.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Made it! Another South Dakota.
    Name:  South Dakota Reduced.jpg
Size:  274.5 KB
    And a South Dakota song by the Bee Gees. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4LIbko4xA
    Sue, I love your South Dakota! The polka dots are a fabulous addition! I am done with all 50, just have to wait for each Sunday to post pics! I wanted to get them all done to free up the machine for FMQ the purple OBW, Lucy in the Sky. That is almost done.

In the meantime I will post a photo of my virtual version of my 50 (actually only 49 fit) stars quilt.

I am 99% sure that I will FMQ and QAYG in maybe 4 or six sections, with 3/4" sashing everywhere. I still need to move the blocks around to distribute light and dark, and also decide which of the 50 will not be included. It will make a nice pillow!

Oops I just realized I am cheating and giving an advance preview of blocks to come...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nickylsf; 10-12-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Page 232 of 278 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast