Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 243 of 278 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 242 243 244 253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I don't know what happened but I wasn't getting my notifications for a while. All the new Vermonts are BEAUTIFUL of course. Welcome to the newbies just joining us. The only thing hard about these blocks is choosing the fabric. Once you do a few it will be OK. Some have lots and lots of pieces too but just work at your own pace and all shall be fine.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Anael. I look forward to seeing your stars. I used the same background for all of my stars and I am pretty sure I bought 7 yards of fabric. I have all of mine finished and have maybe a yard left over that I plan to use for my binding. I emailed Carol Doak before we started to ask how much to buy and she didn't know how much. I used 49 of the blocks in my quilt and am making 4 of Vermont to make a wall hanging. The lines around the edges of the Vermont make a noce design.
    I love all of the Vermonts. I am still amazed at how different they all look made with different fabrics.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Meanmom, I think 7 yards is right. I wanted to say that but it seemed like so much. But I remember at the time, it seemed like a lot. I think I'm going to be short but I'll have to get creative because the store is out of it. Not surprising since that was almost a year ago. I'm not even sure I wrote down what it was.

Blog Entries
    Whitepine. I just went to the LQS looking for more of my background because I wanted some to use on my back. I am enlarging my home state block, Ohio 300% and putting it in the middle of my back. I didn't think I had enough left for this. The shop where I bought it is closing in 2 weeks, temporarily. The are looking for a place to move to. Haven't found the right location yet. Miraculously they still had some. My LQS keeps track of my purchases and can usually look up what I bought and tell me the name. Then I can search online in an emergency.

Blog Entries
    Once, when I was on a shop hop expedition, I met a woman carrying a 3-ring binder full of swatches. Each page had about a dozen pieces of fabric, each with all it's info. If she was doing a quilt, those swatches would all be on one page. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with her organization.

Wow I wish I was that organized
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

SIGH!! That would never be me.

Blog Entries
    I would never be that organized. I figure I am doing good if I can find the fabric for my current project in the mess that my sewing room has become. Usually it is somewhere on the floor. Before I became addicted to batiks I used to try to save the selvages until I finished a project. I usually change up a quilt in the middle of a project, then I don't have enough fabric. I didn't do very well at that.I have been known to buy a fabric that I already have because I don't remember I have it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post
    Today I finished my State Star Quilt. I've had my blocks finished for a while but couldn't decide how to put them all together. I used the Quilt As You Go Block Method & am very happy with the results. I SID in most of the blocks & around the sashing. It is a very heavy quilt so I know it will keep us warm this winter. Here are pictures of the front & back of it.

Attachment 370293
    Attachment 370298
    Patricia..do you or anyone else know how much backing it would take to do the quilt as you go method. Wouldn't it take more than normal?
    Patrice

Sorry Patrice, I didn't keep track, but I think it took about the same as a normal quilt when doing the QAYG block method. I used the same color sashing for the front, back & sides.

I guess you could figure it out by (1) multiplying the # of blocks by the block size, (2) multiplying the # of sashings by their sizes (front, back, sides & between the blocks) and (3) adding these amounts together to get the total # of inches, then convert to yardage.
    Patricia Faye

Page 243 of 278 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 242 243 244 253 ... LastLast