Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 259 of 278 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Meanmom, I'm a member of another board, they started a thread where you can post your weekly goals. That helps me a lot staying focused on what's on my list. Small goals but it works. I too wander off to many times and end up with a pile of unfinished projects. So I made a list of what I still have to finish and pick some of them every week.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    White pine your quilt will be beautiful. Don't let it become a UFO. Your sashing fabrics are perfect. I am looking forward to seeing everyones finished quilts. I am waiting for mine to come back from the longarmers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to do a border of the mottled fabric then a border of half square triangles with the brown and background fabric. I think I'll outline the stars and do a simple geometric inbetween them. HA HA! I wonder how many years they keep a thread alive.

Blog Entries
    Whitepine, your blocks are so stunning! Just gorgeous! I am ashamed that I am one of those who "got behind and dropped out of site". I need to be realistic and just at least make either a wall hanging or throw quilt size with what I've already done so I quit feeling so guilty??? Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Whitepine, your blocks are so stunning! Just gorgeous! I am ashamed that I am one of those who "got behind and dropped out of site". I need to be realistic and just at least make either a wall hanging or throw quilt size with what I've already done so I quit feeling so guilty??? Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!
    You wrote my post! I think I finished 16 stars. A wall hanging is a great idea. I'm so envious of all the beautiful quilts I've seen. I don't want my blocks forgotten.
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much Rhonda and Sheri. Sometimes you just have to know when to quit and you shouldn't feel bad about it. There's only so much time and you have to use it as you want to. At the beginning I saved a lot of pictures and I really liked both of your stars. I'm sure they'll fit in another quilt someday or a smaller project.

There are so many fun things to do on the QB. Rhonda, your PP swap sounds like a lot of fun. Can't do it this spring though. I think a lot of people must sew and cut a lot faster than me because it takes me a long time to finish a block. I need to speed up. Speed for quilters doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by whitepine; 01-17-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hi! i just started reading this thread....i don't know how to paper piece , but i DO have the book. I think pp will be on my "must learn in 2013". can anyone provide an estimate of how many yards of background fabric one needs???

thank you so much!

betsey

Hi twoxover, according to meanmom you need about 7 yards. I just bought my background fabric last week and started the first star today. It's halfway done.

Here's my first block: Alabama. The centre is off but even with the off centre the block hardly measures 12.5". My printer was set to no scaling.
    Name:  Alabama (504 x 489).jpg
Views: 216
Size:  68.4 KB

Your fabrics colors are beautiful. I haven't begun to make any blocks yet but it is on my "to do" lists. I love the book.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 259 of 278 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast