Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 277 of 278 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 276 277 278 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

I have plans to make two twin-sized quilts. Haven't done the math yet to see what size I want to make the blocks so I can use the most. I was thinking about 10" also....

What a good idea...I might have to do this. I love stars and I have wanted to learn to foundation piece....sounds like a good time to do it!!!

meanmom I have a setting in mind, that when finished will end up queen size. I really like borders on my quilts and I think that 49 by 12 inch blocks would not need any borders.

Carriem you just have to reduce the pattern to 83%, its in the front of the book. I hope you join me in the smaller blocks.

I have been itching to start these but haven't, want to get 2 quilts finished before I start anything new
    Karen

Blog Entries
    I normally like borders but on this one I just put borders the same size as the sashing. This is my favorite quilt of all the quilts I have made.

Hi--just wanted to let everyone here know I posted a new thread for the 2014 50 stars BOW 2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

BTW--Quilt Pro has the Foundation Factory 50-Stars on sale for 50% off (shows in "cart") if you are thinking about making your blocks a different size than the 12" it is a great tool. http://www.quiltpro.com/page/Foundat...0_Fab_Mainpage

`TheThe 50% off didn't show in my cart Tried it as I don't want to buy this one, I would like to have 40 Bright and Bold Blocks.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

I'm in too! I love Carol's Stars.

Just as a note to everyone, Carol posted this message to the Yahoo! group earlier today.

"Because of all the new members from The Quilting Board referencing the 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars Challenge being hosted there, I signed on to read the details. I read some incorrect information that was posted and I want to clear it up. It was posted on the The Quilting Board, that if you joined this group, all of the designs from the 50 Fabulous PP Stars book are available here as PDF files. That is not correct. The only place to obtain the designs is in the book for the separate purchase Companion Foundation Factory CD for the 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars book.
    All the best,
    Carol"
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

It was me who gave that information. The files have been removed from the group, I didn't check before but I did and they're not there anymore. I'm sorry I didn't check before posting the wrong info!

Hello ; new here and was wondering if this book is to hard for beginner ?

Hi Connie, welcome. You might want to practice paper piecing before you start the 50 Stars. The blocks aren't hard, just time consuming. The hardest part is matching all seams and points.

Page 277 of 278 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 276 277 278 LastLast