Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Moonwork, I think your stars are really pretty and work well together. I'm not up on what a 30's quilt should look like though so can't respond to that part.

Oops, for to post a song to sew by this week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4G35...eature=related
    Get back, Beatles
    Thanks Whitepine, that took me back!!!!!
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    Very nice, Mona.

I like the 30's blocks, but need to tell you that they did use solids, too, like bubblegum pink and more. I think if you go to ConnectingThreads.com, and look at their 30's fabrics, they have solids that were used. too. That's what I had to do.

Blog Entries
    These blocks are very pretty! All of them! Each has it's own charm for sure!

Blog Entries
    I love all of the blocks. They are all so different yet beautiful. I am working ahead because I am planning on doing the Dear Jane group on here and can't start yet because of software issues I am having . I am going to work on Connecticut tonight. I will have to set my stars aside for a few weeks to catch up on my Dear Jane later. I am really enjoying the stars. I am doing mine pretty much in batiks. Will post pictures when I get my cord back from my DD to plug my camera in.

Blog Entries
    I just got my book today and watched the cd she sure does make it look easy. I have really never pp before with much success any suggestions would be appreciated. I think my background will be white with scrappy stars how do you think that would work out.

I like scrappy. Glad you can join us now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    I just got my book today and watched the cd she sure does make it look easy. I have really never pp before with much success any suggestions would be appreciated. I think my background will be white with scrappy stars how do you think that would work out.
    You might want to try her pp method. It is pretty easy and goes smooth once you do a block. When joining sections, sew just outside the line. Usually, I don't trim the fabric on the outside of the block until I square it up. Others probably have some great tips. Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    I just got my book today got the first block done. Just wondering what people are going to do with all these blocks?? I watched the cd that came with my book and it helped me understand the process. I think I like it I know I like the looks of the finished block.

Blog Entries
    how do you print your blocks??? I do not have a scanner to scan the pics. so I am tracing them using a light box any other suggestions would be appreciated

Page 59 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 159 ... LastLast