Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

When I first started this journey, I thought I can do one block a week. It seemed so easy. Now I think, WOW, this is ONE BLOCK A WEEK!!! Hope I can keep up!!!

Ok, Here is my Alabama. It is my very first paper piecing project. I really enjoyed it, but it does take a lot of effort...Hope to catch up and finish the other stars this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Xtgirl: Your Alabama is beautiful; you are one ahead of me. I can't decide what colors I want to use.

Lots of pretties to look at today. Great job everyone. I finished my Arkansas block. Thought while I working on it that it was going to be my favorite as far as color. Reminded me of a peace rose. After it is complete I am not so sure. Very dissapointed in it. But it is done and on to the next.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    Ok, Here is my Alabama. It is my very first paper piecing project. I really enjoyed it, but it does take a lot of effort...Hope to catch up and finish the other stars this weekend
    You did just super, girl. I find that if I sort of chain piece, doing a number in all sections and then on to the next number, it goes faster for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwillquilt View Post
    Lots of pretties to look at today. Great job everyone. I finished my Arkansas block. Thought while I working on it that it was going to be my favorite as far as color. Reminded me of a peace rose. After it is complete I am not so sure. Very dissapointed in it. But it is done and on to the next.
    I like your block; it is bright and cheery.

Wow xt & iwill.... beautiful blocks.... Great Job... OK, now I have to get off this thing and get my fabrics sorted for California... That's the hardest part. You pick the fabrics, and until it's all done... you can't see what it looks like. I got a surprise with some of my blocks... as I was piecing I really thought it was not going to look good at all. Was pleasantly surprised at the end.

Jan in FL - beautiful block and you did a fabulous job. All the blocks are fabulous, aren't they?
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 01-21-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    All the new blocks are beautiful. Newbee, I love your Alaska block, and Xtgirl, your Alabama just seems to sparkle.

I sure agree with the comments on color. I lay the fabric out and they look good together but the end product is still a surprise (good or bad). Once I even did one section alone just to see what the colors would look like but that was too much trouble and I decided to just go for it and embrace the surprise.

I took my little 4-block Hawaii wall hanging to Bernina Club last week, told them what a bunch of us were doing by working through the book, and from the moans and groans you would have thought I kicked everyone in the kneecaps! Seriously - so many of them mumbled "I hate paper piecing!" But I am addicted, think it is so much fun. And all the blocks that have been posted are absolutely beautiful. Pokerdiva is right - you cannot tell the experienced from the newly addicted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet My View Post
    PokerDiva.... I think you have created a bunch of PP'ing monsters.... I really like doing PP. Before I started, I was very intimidated by them. Now I think I may be doing all my quilts this way. Thanks for the incentive push. I like doing new things and learning all the different ways of quilting. Next hurdle for me will be applique... that scares me to death. I can't hand sew to save my life.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Page 63 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast