Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Well, this was a very interesting eveining. I stumbled upon this thread quite by accident, and think that I might just have to give this a try, went thru every page, absolutly stunning blocks. I almost ordered the book, but want to check thru my mother's bookcase of quilting books first. I have never done paper piecing but I might just want to check it out...
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 PM

I finished Alaska tonight. I chose a different background but feel like the black is more striking... So now what do I do... Go back to black and have 1 oddball? Struggling to imagine a quilt with all different backgrounds... What is everyone doing? I can't post from my Ipad so ill upload the pic tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM

xt... I'm with you on this one.... Not sure what I'm going to do either. But.. I think I just might make 2 lap quilts out of these blocks... one with the dark backgrounds and the other one with the light backgrounds. I don't have a lot of printed light backgrounds in my stash, so I'm stuck with white or tone on tone white for my light and a black and a navy for my dark. It's a plan and I'm going stick with it to the end. I hope my plan turns out OK. If not... I had a lot of experience paper piecing. LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM

Sandy, go searching for the book or buy one. I've never paper pieced before and I really like it. It took a few blocks to get the hang of it, but now I'm moving along at double speed from when I started. It's a time consuming process but as my DH said when I complained at how long it took to make one block.. "Anything good takes time."

Hope you join us.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Dear Quilters, these look absolutely amazing!!!

I have to stop looking as I can't start another thing. Not one more thing. I can't. Don't make me do it. Ugh!

Just as I used ordering the book and being behind as an excuse not to do it, someone (Nicky) posts a link for a download. I have the fabric in my stash and could start tonight? Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!

Step away from the computer! You all are too dangerous to be around!

@Janet My - your Arkansas took my breath way! Nicely done all of you.

Thank you Fraew.... I had doubts about the colors. I've never paper pieced before and Arkansas was only my 4th block ever! I really like paper piecing.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm going to have alternate blocks, black or white. I went through my book and marked what I want to use, making sure I have 25 of each color.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
I finished Alaska tonight. I chose a different background but feel like the black is more striking... So now what do I do... Go back to black and have 1 oddball? Struggling to imagine a quilt with all different backgrounds... What is everyone doing? I can't post from my Ipad so ill upload the pic tomorrow.
Mine is going to be all sorts of backgrounds. very scrappy..I will either put them together with white or black sashing..leaning more toward white so am trying not to have a solid white background on my blocks
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 AM

Today starts Arkansas am I right? Here is mine
Attached Thumbnails dsc01499.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:39 AM

Default #4 Arkansas

Here is my Arkansas. I am doing all different backgrounds.
Attached Thumbnails 4-arkansas.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Patrice and Poker D those blocks are very striking! Patrice your contrast is excellent and I like that the background has some pattern to it. Poker D, the color you chose for your background really makes that purple and lime pop. Such pretty blocks! I am more eager than ever to get into my sewing room - hubby has promised me time today so perhaps I'll get my Arkansas cut!

Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks - they are turning out so well!