Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 278 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Please join us in working through Caraol Doak's book "50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars". Starting the first week in January we will be making one star a week, starting with Alabama and ending in December with Wyoming. If you have this book, please join us. there will be no patterns or tutorials given and there is no sign ups required. Do as few or as many as you like. We would love to see your beautiful stars so please post their picture here.

Sounds like a GREAT idea! I've had this book for a long time and have been looking for an excuse to start making some of the stars in it. One block a week doesn't sound too difficult either. There are other quilts I want to work on for 2012 so one block a week will fit in nicely.

GREAT! Looking forward to seeing your stars.

Quote Originally Posted by skrucker View Post
    Sounds like a GREAT idea! I've had this book for a long time and have been looking for an excuse to start making some of the stars in it. One block a week doesn't sound too difficult either. There are other quilts I want to work on for 2012 so one block a week will fit in nicely.

Sounds good to me

I'm getting this book from the library first, and then, i'll buy it. I'd like to participate.

This may be just the push I need to get my stars done. I made one while at a friends house and promised myself I would do some more but haven't.

I've made some of the stars and they are fun to do...some of them aren't, lol.

But I have bookmarked this link and will see how the fabric falls in January.

Her instructions are clear....however...in my very humble opinion, she has some funky fabric combos as samples...it will be interesting to see how others make their color choices.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Moonwork, you can do just the ones that you think will be fun. No block police here. LOL.

fabulous idea! I have the book and love paper piecing so why havnt I done these??? Thanks for the suggestion and motivation.

Blog Entries
    I think I still have the book and if so, would like to participate. Mine will be used for Quilts of Valor.
    tomilu

Page 1 of 278 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast