Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I followed a previous suggestion and had the spine cut off my book and a plastic binding put on. It should be easier to photocopy this way.

Thanks for the tip. I wish I could remember who it was but there are too many pages to scroll through.
I wish I had been smart enough to do something like this with mine. I've already started tearing the pages out. Oh well, its mine and I never, ever give away or sell my books!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Cheri...that sounds like a good plan! I guess I better start packing!! LOL- I wish!!! Just so I understand, are you digitizing it to do applique with satin stitch around the pieces or going to embroider the entire piece?? You threw me with the fusible comment.

Losie...awww...he'll get over it..LOL! My DH says the same thing when I get squishies, but he doesn't really care.

jburress- hurry and finish the baby quilt, you know that baby needs it!! And then you get to play with your new book. Aww...just kidding, you still have plenty of time, but June will be here before we know it!

Dee, I need to do the same with my book too. I would make it a lot easier. I think Lesley did that with hers.
Yes I did, I was so pleased with myself because it's the first one I have had done like that - I had never found anywhere to get it done before.

I had always envied you USers who can just pop into a local shop and get these things done - why don't more publishers make their books like this when it's obvious we are all likely to copy them in order to make the quilt?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 AM

The baby quilt will be finished today and then I can play
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Welcome to the group. You are #70! Hurray! :-)

How are you planning on making your blocks - original 7" or enlarged to 10" or 12". Have you thought about your fabric choices? Background color? Prints or batiks or solids? Inquiring minds re curious!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Cheri...that sounds like a good plan! I guess I better start packing!! LOL- I wish!!! Just so I understand, are you digitizing it to do applique with satin stitch around the pieces or going to embroider the entire piece?? You threw me with the fusible comment.

Dee, I need to do the same with my book too. I would make it a lot easier. I think Lesley did that with hers.
I had planned satin stitch, but I don't have a good supply of thread colours to match all the fabrics. So I'm thinking blanket stitch in black instead, which is why I'd need the fusible to keep the edges from raveling too badly.

I cut my book with an x-acto knife and ruler. I know I could get it done in city centre but hadn't any plans to get there in the immediate future, so DIY was fastest.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM

It is April 10th already! Man, the year is just slipping away, I AM having too much fun :lol: I've been washing, drying, pressing, folding and auditioning my fabrics,and I like 'em! I divided my batiks into lights, mediums and darks, and realized I need some more lights and darks...especially darks. I need reds and more greens. I will be shopping soon. The plan is to go to Kinkos sometime next week, get the book spiral bound and make the enlarged copies. May is my target start date for this project..I'll be on vacation all of July and won't get any sewing done, so I'd like to at least be four or five blocks ahead so I don't fall too behind..summer is the busy time for me, not much sewing gets done at my house. I am also trying to get as many templates cut as possible in May, so i have that done and I could just sew!(thinking out loud here)
Yay, I am getting excited about it, all of you JTG club are doing an awesome job!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:13 PM

I'm eager to get started also but keep telling myself that I need to have more of my Penny Haren BOWeek done first. I don't want too much of an overlap with both projects being hand applique, although different types.

I am quietly getting everything ready though and taking in all the tips and pics as they come.

I will see how long I can hold out.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

LOL...Deecee....if you are like the rest of this bunch, you won't be able to hold out long!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deecee
I'm eager to get started also but keep telling myself that I need to have more of my Penny Haren BOWeek done first. I don't want too much of an overlap with both projects being hand applique, although different types.

I am quietly getting everything ready though and taking in all the tips and pics as they come.

I will see how long I can hold out.
I "toyed" with doing it too. Thought I would work on it on the hush-hush,...lol - Mousie hushed? what was I thinking?
Next thing ya know, I'm reading everything about it in sight, I start commenting and asking questions...and you guess it...
I'M IN! was told that I'm #69! yeah, that fits...round and round we go... :lol:
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 PM

I have started getting some of my fabrics and the black fabric. Showed the book to my sister and she loves it. Of course she wants to know who the quilt will be for. lol I told her I did not know yet. Love the ideaa on getting the book spiral bond.