Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
If it doesn't conflict with the other Linda (whom I haven't met yet) I would rather be LindaL

Since I don't have my book yet, I wondered if the blocks all use batiks? Or is that what most everybody prefers?
LindaL it is then. I have changed my list.

AS far as batiks, there is no set theme - do whatever you like. There are no quilt police here - only a quilt warden! For an explanation, see this link:

http://www.quiltershomemag.com/conte...ebQHprison.pdf
Old 02-03-2011, 06:34 PM

Meredith, I used to live at 5401 N. Walker & GMother was at 417 NW 34th!!! Left there in January 1957 for Wichita, Kansas.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Hey, Kathy - Welcome!

Kathy
Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Welcome, Nancy! Cream - yum!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to our most recent "joiners"! The cream background does sound lovely and I have to say that I too was a little disappointed in the stitching shown in the book. The pattern is lovely, but I have to admit that looking at some of the close up pics in the book almost put me off a bit. I'm over it now though and excited about making this baby!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM

Yippee... just got word that my book has been shipped and should be here by the 11th.

LindaL
Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I am straight Autumn, which doesn't surprise me, I do love oranges, greens, browns and yellows, love fall colors, but really there isn't a color I don't like, well, except white maybe.
I had this done years ago and was a definite Autumn as well. I hate almost every colour they told me I should wear. My favourite palette was Winter, I adore black and jewel tones, and I like most of the colours in Summer and Spring. Autumn just seems "muddy" to me.

In the end I decided that I didn't care that much and returned to my beloved black.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Welcome to our most recent "joiners"! The cream background does sound lovely and I have to say that I too was a little disappointed in the stitching shown in the book. The pattern is lovely, but I have to admit that looking at some of the close up pics in the book almost put me off a bit. I'm over it now though and excited about making this baby!
I thought the same thing, that the stitching could have been better. Although if I were doing it by hand I'm not sure mine would be much better, LOL. I looked at Lesley's link to the satin stitched one and that made me much happier.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Lots of chatter and lots of newbies, well just got up here in sunny Spain. Temps promised of around 60degrees so I am off out to get my machine to the repair guy and do some shopping.

I thouht the stitching in the book was not all that either, however I also have to say that possibly they are put together quickly so they can get some money making done, anyways I see she still one prizes with the stitching as it is so theres hope for all of us here.

Elle
Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Power Poster

For those of you who haven't got your book yet, fabrics needed are:
2.5 yards for background squares
1 yard for narrow borders
2 yards for wide border (same as background)
2 yards multicoloured for the scroll design.
5/8 yard for binding
1/8 yard for sashing.
4 yards for backing.

BUT you have to remember that these quantities are for the quilt finished at 62in square, with 7in blocks.

I am doing mine with 10in finished blocks, so I bought 10 yards black, because any left over will go into my stash, and it's cheaper per yard from Hancocks if you buy 10 yards in one go.

I was able to get a multicolourd fabric for the wide border from a member on this board, though there were a couple of possibliities on ebay too. But it would be easy to substitute scraps, one for each scroll, so that you would end up with a multi coloured border