Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM

My real name is Kathy. If you want to use my last name, it's TAGGERTY. Or to make it real simple, some of my friends call me KAT. Which ever is fine with me. I'm easy to get along with. :)
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Welcome Taggartykl, its nice that you are going to join us. We are all friends here and would love to know your real name please.

If you ave any questions ask away, we all help each other. If has not got their book yet, then if you would like to know the quantities of fabric let me know and I can post that for you.

Elle
I hope she doesn't mind telling us Elle, her board name is not that easy to type, so I might have to shorten it otherwise - welcome Taggart! ( I think my quilting is better thay my typing)
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM

LindaAnn, so jealous of the wonderful quilt shops you all have in America, I always have to buy on line. 3.50$ sounds wonderful. The last Kona Black I bought in Spain cost me 26.50 Euros which equates to 35.97$....a lot right. but I really needed it to finish up my Jane. I bought on line at 4.50$ and thought what a great deal. looks the same quality as well.

Elle
Elle, do you mean it costs you $35.97 per yard? Yikes! When you ordered online was shipping pretty costly for you?

I need to get off the board for the day or I am not going to get any sewing done. Have a great day (evening for Elle). My love to each of you.

LindaAnn :-D
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Candi, loved your writing out loud so to speak, sounds like a plan.

Elle
Yeah, my husband loves my brainstorming too

:lol: :wink:

I was browsing blogs for some photos of the AOTH quilts made, and came across this one, not sure if it's been shown before, but it shows few of them with various colors and layouts. And I almost missed it, but if you scroll all the way down, you'll see the quilt made with a whitish background, a total different effect on a light background but very beautoful too. Here is the link:

http://quiltwhangarei.blogspot.com/s...%20the%20Heart
Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 AM

LindaAnn, that was the cost of the Kona in Spain I bought. Normally it costs around 14 Euros a metre and I thought that was what this was but she hit me with 26.50E I nearly fainted.

Elle
Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the link Candi. There are a few beauties there I like. I am not sosure about the white background though the colours don´t pop and its a quilt that needs that. JMHO

Elle
Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the link Candi. There are a few beauties there I like. I am not sosure about the white background though the colours don´t pop and its a quilt that needs that. JMHO

Elle
I kind of like the light background, true, it doesn't pop as much,but I think it is because of the outer border used, also, I am thinking it it harder to photograph than the darker background ones. But I agree, the darker background gives more of a pop, mental note here.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Elle, your fabrics are so beautiful...really rich and elegant. Can't wait to see how your blocks come out!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM

The postage was okay, it still didn´t come anywhere near the 14E per metre I pay here in Spain when its all added together so for me thats the way to go.

Elle
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Thanks Rachel, thereis a way to go before I get round to it but I like the colours to work on. I would not have enjoyed working on black.

How are you getting on, have you managed to get back into it. You know how addictive it is when once you do that first block again. I hope you do, because we have missed you.

Elle
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Elle,
I keep looking at you avatar photo, it is so beautiful, is this your town?