Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by candi
Can you tell what my favorite colors are? :mrgreen:
Uh, no - but those are my favorite colors, so you could send me the scraps!!! What a wonderful selection. Whatever you are using them for - it's gonna be yummy. Did you get this bunch for AOTH or stash enhancing?
Stash enhancing,lol. I love these colors so they seem to always be low in my little stash, now it looks more balanced :-D Although that one with the orange daisies I am using for the AOTH, but had to get more for a future quilt that is brewing in my mind...a contemporary quilt with curves and circles.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:37 PM

Ooooooo That sounds wonderful!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Patty, that is how I like to work too. Get a few blocks traced and templates cut, choose fabrics and cut the pieces for them and then work on them as I feel like it and have time. For some reason, it makes you feel more "accomplished", doesn't it. I am working on 27 and 29 currently. Have 28 embroidered and traced, but waiting to be cut. Will be doing that one in the next batch of six I have traced and embroidered. Can I say again that Ilove this project?? And although I am no where near done, I can't wait to see what this group comes up for next.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Heeehheee....I guess when you get Jane quilted, maybe you will find your brain floating around on her Kathy!

Its funny that we all tend to work in a similar way. I try to prep several blocks at a time so i always have some ready and waiting to sit and sew or grab and GO!

Candi...I love your selection..you KNOW those are my fav colors! Gorgeous fabs girl!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 AM

I just completed block 29 and I have blocks 27 and 28 cut and traced. I need to select my fabrics and cut out the individual pieces today and then I'll be ready to sew again. I've been toying with an idea for my small borders and I may play with that idea. I absolutely MUST bind my DGS quilt before I drive back down to Davie on August 27. Housework really interferes with my quilting. I was wondering if Mousie had a "mouse " house to clean. Certainly, it would be a lot smaller than a regular house since mice are so small. It must be easier to keep clean since it is so small. :D :D :D
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I just completed block 29 and I have blocks 27 and 28 cut and traced. I need to select my fabrics and cut out the individual pieces today and then I'll be ready to sew again. I've been toying with an idea for my small borders and I may play with that idea. I absolutely MUST bind my DGS quilt before I drive back down to Davie on August 27. Housework really interferes with my quilting. I was wondering if Mousie had a "mouse " house to clean. Certainly, it would be a lot smaller than a regular house since mice are so small. It must be easier to keep clean since it is so small. :D :D :D
:XD: oh my goodness, losie...I do have a mousehouse and I am a mousewife/mousekeeper!!!
You pegged it just right, cuz I do have a very small house...but, less work? I'm not so sure about that.
I tend to, um, make a lot of work for myself, in that I have kept too much stuff in the past, but I am in the process of decluttering right now!
That and babysitting has kept me from quilting on aoth, but I shall make time for it very soon. ;)
P.S. check my profile! ;)
Old 08-17-2011, 02:20 PM

I thought I wasn't getting updates on this thread, but we are all just keeping quiet,huh?
I had to take a little break from the AOTH and work on a small project to finish something! I needed the sense of accomplishment,lol. Hopefully will get back to AOTH this coming weekend.

And totally off topic, but I fell off my sweet trusty horse today (not a bad fall), but I would never have thought that I could fall off him in particular...a good reminder I guess of how unpredictable (and awesome) they are..he wanted to make sure I stay on my toes (literally :lol:).
Old 08-17-2011, 02:56 PM

No damage done I hope Candi. We are kinda quiet on this thread at the moment, I am sure it will pick up soon. Its too hot to work here
Old 08-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Whoa........ I was dropped ten pages ago!!! not that I've had time or inclination to come back to see
Steph in hospital again for several hours last Saturday. On the 5th I had to bring sewing machine to repair - Bernina 440QE - supposed to be good.... ready to chuck it down some hill or at the manufacturer!!!!!!!!!!!11

I had to 'unquilt' a 30x45" section of lap quilt that was going to be auctioned. It started fine - after a few skipped stitches, then all went south on the back side! loops and stretched bobbin thread. It took 6 days to undo. Got my machine back and it went south again - had to undo a little more...

ugh........
back to repair for the third time in three weeks - hopefully I'll be able to work on our quilt show quilts [show in Sept!!]

on a lighter note WOW!!!!!
awesome quilt center Sandpat - or was it Sandy??
Love the painted-hand quilted quilt too!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Oh no Candi! Hope nothing was bruised in your fall but your ego...*grin*...surely you didn't have an audience did you? I usually do! :oops:

Cre...man...sounds like I would have already brought out the hammer for that baby! I'm soo sorry for all the trouble...what on earth do they say is wrong with it?