Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 425 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the newcomers, I have been out all day and just checking in. Thank you too for the nice comments - when you have your books, you will be able to see what Aie used, and it will make a lot more sense.

I have already used some fabrics other than batiks in those blocks I posted, because the colours fitted in with those. I don't see a problem with that, I have appliqued ordinary cottons lots of times, and none of them have ever fallen apart (well, so far, that is). I still say that you can use up loads of scraps in this quilt.

And Ducky you look fine, though I'm not convinced that is your best side.

K White, lovely to see you here, and I agree with you, it was great that Rachel came visiting.

Blog Entries
    My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.

Well, I was hoping my book would arrive today, but no such luck, I guess it'll be tomorrow, but I am leaving on a ski trip, so will have to wait to check it out when I get back.

Regarding the issue with fairy frost, I have bought some recently, haven't used it yet, but did wash it and press it and it was fine, nothing changed with it. I wonder what happened with yours, Elle, how sad, I know it is not cheap!

How fun! It seems like more people are joining! I am working on finishing all my planned projects before we start this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.
    Oh, that's so nice about your granddaughter. That's what I really hope happens with my granddaughter, but she's only 2 1/2 right now.

Blog Entries
    Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..

new background
    Name:  Attachment-158841.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  62.4 KB

maybe this shows the color better-nope..still looks too brown
    Name:  Attachment-158899.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  42.0 KB

Still showing too brown..but you get the idea
    Name:  Attachment-159174.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  45.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..
    Patti, I love it!
    Is your background a blender? It sorta of likes that way.

Blog Entries
    No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:

No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:
    Well, I like it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Candi

Thanks Candi
    And you know I love the oranges and reds to go with them, these are just my colors.:mrgreen:

Page 33 of 425 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast