Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 425 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

  1. #321
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,326
    Blog Entries
    19
    Welcome to the newcomers, I have been out all day and just checking in. Thank you too for the nice comments - when you have your books, you will be able to see what Aie used, and it will make a lot more sense.

    I have already used some fabrics other than batiks in those blocks I posted, because the colours fitted in with those. I don't see a problem with that, I have appliqued ordinary cottons lots of times, and none of them have ever fallen apart (well, so far, that is). I still say that you can use up loads of scraps in this quilt.

    And Ducky you look fine, though I'm not convinced that is your best side.

    K White, lovely to see you here, and I agree with you, it was great that Rachel came visiting.

  2. #322
    Senior Member Fabric Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    686
    Blog Entries
    3
    My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.

  3. #323
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Well, I was hoping my book would arrive today, but no such luck, I guess it'll be tomorrow, but I am leaving on a ski trip, so will have to wait to check it out when I get back.

    Regarding the issue with fairy frost, I have bought some recently, haven't used it yet, but did wash it and press it and it was fine, nothing changed with it. I wonder what happened with yours, Elle, how sad, I know it is not cheap!

    How fun! It seems like more people are joining! I am working on finishing all my planned projects before we start this.

  4. #324
    Super Member Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.
    Oh, that's so nice about your granddaughter. That's what I really hope happens with my granddaughter, but she's only 2 1/2 right now.

  5. #325
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,760
    Blog Entries
    9
    Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

    I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

    Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..

    new background
    Name:  Attachment-158841.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  62.4 KB

    maybe this shows the color better-nope..still looks too brown
    Name:  Attachment-158899.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  42.0 KB

    Still showing too brown..but you get the idea
    Name:  Attachment-159174.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  45.6 KB

  6. #326
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

    I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

    Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..
    Patti, I love it!
    Is your background a blender? It sorta of likes that way.

  7. #327
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,760
    Blog Entries
    9
    No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:

  8. #328
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:
    Well, I like it.

  9. #329
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,760
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks Candi

  10. #330
    Super Member candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE The Sunshine State
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Thanks Candi
    And you know I love the oranges and reds to go with them, these are just my colors.:mrgreen:

Page 33 of 425 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.