Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Maine! Smaller??/ wow...the block patterns in the book are 7" x 7". I haven't decided what size I will do yet. I'm thinking on it though :D:
Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 PM

RE: Affairs of the Heart.
EXPERIMENT
I tried an experiment. Since I plan on dong my blocks with Fusibles, I decided to see if I could actually print the patterns on my fusibles. I had to tear the pages out of my book, but I finally got it to the correct enlargement I wanted to do, mine is 138% which is just about the 8 inch square size by itself, not on the background. I first got the pattern to the correct size after about 100 tries, then I cut my fusible to that size width...put the fusible into the printer paper side up, printed it and immediately when it came out of the printer laid a tissue (kleenex type) over the inked side and gently pressed it down. The excess ink came off on the tissue, not my hands.You might need to turn the tissue over and do it again depending on you ink. Then I cut it up into pieces and fused them onto my fabric, keep in mind, I am only experimenting here. I laid the pieces out so that there was enough room for tuck under on the pieces that need to tuck under.putting them all into snack size baggies for later. If it works, it will save a lot of tracing. I don't have any black fabric yet, but will head off to Rainbow's end tomorrow to get some.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Imanoni....that is a great idea! I'll have to figure out how the paper actually goes in to my printer! I'll be interested in hearing more about your experiment. Any pics???
Old 02-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Thank you for the welcome. I don't mean the block size will nessarily be smaller, I just mean the overall quilt size may be. I'll wait to get the book before I decide though.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM

Welcome, Judy! That blue is going to be gorgeous with the color of batiks you are talking about.

I am sooooo darned indecisive! I've ordered this brown, but now I don't know if I want to use it. I don't know....... I still have plenty of time to figure this out. Someone needs to slap me upside the head.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-115617.jpe  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Ducks...I like the brown, but what happened to the denim? Here is what you need to do.....first of all...DUCK!!! that slap! or do you tell Ducks to "goose" when you want them to duck down????

OK..I digress....now...gather up all your batiks and other fabs that you want to use to make the designs...lay them out on the brown and on the denim and then walk off. Leave it laying there for a few days where you see it out of the corner of your eyes when you walk by....you'll be able to decide after a couple of days. :D:
Old 02-20-2011, 06:27 PM

forgot to take pictures of the first two blocks I printed, will take some tomorrow. I did just discover that after lightly blotting the newly printed fusible, the ink dries nicely. No rub off.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 PM

Your experiment is brilliant, Imanoni. Hope it works out for you, as all that tracing is a pain in the tail feathers.

Good idea, Patti. I think I got buyer's remorse the day after I ordered the brown. I just keep going back to the denim look and think that would look so cool. But, as I said, I have plenty of time to think about it, then change my mind....and think about it, then change my mind, etc. :roll:
Old 02-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Welcome, Judy! That blue is going to be gorgeous with the color of batiks you are talking about.

I am sooooo darned indecisive! I've ordered this brown, but now I don't know if I want to use it. I don't know....... I still have plenty of time to figure this out. Someone needs to slap me upside the head.
I love that brown. I am planning on making "Midnight in Santa Fe" by Michelle Watts, which is traditionally done in black, but I want to make it in brown and was thinking of the Brown Mirage. I love Sandpat's Chocolate Jane. I think it's awesome.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Ducks...I like the brown, but what happened to the denim? Here is what you need to do.....first of all...DUCK!!! that slap! or do you tell Ducks to "goose" when you want them to duck down????
My usual response to DUCK!!!! is WHAT???!!! It's not until after I get hit with something that I think, "Ohhhh, that kind of duck. :shock: