Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who has started this project late! :thumbup:

I used Steam a Seam 2 to secure the large hearts to the black background not realizing how much it would gum up my needle, so I can't do the embroidery in those hearts. That's OK with me, because the fabric is busy enough and no one will miss them. I also chose not to do the gold embroidery around the outside edge of those hearts. It really doesn't need it with the blanket stitch.

So what I did first is attach the purple to the green with a blanket stitch, then SAS the green/purple to the black fabric. I used SAS to attach the outer hearts, then did the gold embroidery by hand. After that, I put a piece of batting and muslin behind it and stitched around the green leaves, yellow center and outer hearts. I really like it!
    I like it too! Was the blanket stitch by hand?

Wow!!! 7x that is beautiful! The stitching and embroidery are wonderful.

Quilter7 your block is beautiful.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Wow!!! 7x that is beautiful! The stitching and embroidery are wonderful.
    Not used to the new Ducky face yet. Miss those eyes!!!

Q7 - I love the purple/lime green. Very zingy.

Andrea - yes I am working on #11. About half way through but not real happy with my fabric. I need to stare at it for a while and decide which bit I don't like, but I have to work today (it's 7.30 a.m. here) so will have to leave it until tonight.

I should be getting ready for work instead of catching up with all the overnight chatter. I try to have a quick catch up before I leave for work each day, so I don't get time to comment much.

Ducky - love your more relaxed look.

Blog Entries
    The blanket stitch was done by machine.

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who has started this project late! :thumbup:

I used Steam a Seam 2 to secure the large hearts to the black background not realizing how much it would gum up my needle, so I can't do the embroidery in those hearts. That's OK with me, because the fabric is busy enough and no one will miss them. I also chose not to do the gold embroidery around the outside edge of those hearts. It really doesn't need it with the blanket stitch.

So what I did first is attach the purple to the green with a blanket stitch, then SAS the green/purple to the black fabric. I used SAS to attach the outer hearts, then did the gold embroidery by hand. After that, I put a piece of batting and muslin behind it and stitched around the green leaves, yellow center and outer hearts. I really like it!
    I like it too! Was the blanket stitch by hand?

7! it's beautimous! I likey! great pics of everything too! how much starch did you use on your fabrics?
    I started my blue 9 with fusible pieces, but I think i had it so stiff that the needle chewed the fabric some and I started over.
    I went with my heart and saving all the blue and fabrics that went with it, for another book, lol.
    I'm working on my new one and will post it soon.
    Can't wait to see your next block! marvelous #9! woo hoo! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Diane...it looks great! I just love how you are doing it with that blanket stitch..I think letting it be the quilting will work out wonderfully. Tell Beth....YES...Great job picking, can she come here and play with mine??

Ducks....I like this look much better!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    7! it's beautimous! I likey! great pics of everything too! how much starch did you use on your fabrics?
    I started my blue 9 with fusible pieces, but I think i had it so stiff that the needle chewed the fabric some and I started over.
    I went with my heart and saving all the blue and fabrics that went with it, for another book, lol.
    I'm working on my new one and will post it soon.
    Can't wait to see your next block! marvelous #9! woo hoo! :thumbup:
    I sprayed the starch into a tiny container to let it become liquid, then used a Q-Tip to saturate the fabric hanging out from the freezer paper shapes, then pressed the edges over the freezer paper. The starch does a wonderful job of keeping the fabric in place. Thanks for the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Diane...it looks great! I just love how you are doing it with that blanket stitch..I think letting it be the quilting will work out wonderfully. Tell Beth....YES...Great job picking, can she come here and play with mine??

Ducks....I like this look much better!
    Thanks so much Patti! At first I didn't like the blanket stitch. I thought it would go one stitch top to bottom, then a stitch to the side, then another stitch top to bottom and so on, but nope, it takes one stitch top to bottom, back up and back down again, so there are three stitches top to bottom on top of each other. Looking at it now, it's a perfect stitch!

I love how the blanket stitch is starting to become the quilting, totally loving the effect.

Yes, Beth is for hire, but she pilfers quilts like Dreamer and Ducky do, so you need to watch out for all of them! :shock: :lol:

Blog Entries
    LOL...another pilferer????? I'm beginning to think its some type of prerequisite to become a "real quilter"...hmmm...I guess I've been know to have a tendency to want to snitch one or two myself! :oops:..Wonder if that means I'm a "real" quilter ??? :LOL:

Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast